Recent content by flyaway79

  1. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    Eh. Saw my doctor today. Appointment was just as expected, took X-rays, manipulated my knee and measured my ROM which was 130 which I already knew. That has never been an issue. We discussed the pains and discomfort I was having. Very open to listening but could find no mechanical reason...
  2. flyaway79

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I have noticed other people's knees for years! Always amazed at the things they can do with them :sorry: I found out later in life that I have congenital knee issues, but growing up I always thought everyone's knees hurt. Now when I work with people who squat down to get something I just look...
  3. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR 12 months later but can’t find my thread

    I know exactly what you mean..........
  4. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    @Jockette The Freestyle program just works for me. I am a very basic eater and don't really care for a whole lot of variety LOL. With the Freestyle program lean chicken, turkey, eggs, fruits and veggies are all 0 point value and I love all those things. I very rarely eat meat, maybe sometimes...
  5. flyaway79

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    Awe Katy I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues as well. I just posted my one year update on my thread. This journey we are on has become even longer hasn’t it :boohoo:
  6. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    One year post revision update. My first patella femoral PKR was in 2011. Had microfracture surgery in 2013 and had this revision in March 2017. Am I happy I had this done? Not so sure. Am I better off since I had the revision done? Maybe, maybe not. I still have discomfort and definite...
  7. flyaway79

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Sounds just like my last appointment. X-rays are good, manipulation of knee is good, don’t know why you are experiencing the discomfort you have......guess more time will tell.
  8. flyaway79

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    My surgeon’s office automatically gave me a copy of my surgical report at my first post op appointment. I had to ask for the one from my original PKR with a different surgeon.
  9. flyaway79

    Revision TKR Multiple Knee Replacements

    I had a PKR 6 years ago because I “just” had bone on bone under my knee cap. I believed it was the right thing to do. I then ended up with microfracture surgery for a quite large area of torn cartilage in the same knee 1.5 years after that. He went in to “take a look around” and found that. Not...
  10. flyaway79

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I had the same reaction to one brand of KT tape. The other ones I used didn’t do it. Neither were specified for sensitive skin. Really surprised me when it happened as I had been using the other brand many times without a problem. Just bought a different brand because it was cheaper. Go figure.
  11. flyaway79

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    I have the exact same painful, tender and totally numb spot! Very annoying. I also still have the crunchy soreness at the very front of my kneecap as well. Coming up on a year in 2 weeks :-(
  12. flyaway79

    Revision TKR Hmm. Not thrilled with the revision yet

    I am 11 months post revision and I have the exact same numb spot! And even today I had nerve zingers across the top of my knee. Just goes to show that healing still goes on for a long time.
  13. flyaway79

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    I'm so sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues as well. (I updated on my page after to posted there). It's disconcerting to be so close to the year mark and still have issues. I personally wouldn't wait until the year mark to see your surgeon. As you know I went at about the 9 month...
  14. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    @zakmick So good to hear from you!!! I will be interested in reading your update! Even though I came away with a positive attitude from my surgeons appointment, I can't say that I'm happy yet. :chinstroke: He gave me the assurance that medically all is fine, which gave me a piece of mind...
  15. flyaway79

    Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

    @jaschembra It would be great to go through our next one together! I’m hoping, and the doctor has said, my next one “should” be easier than this one since I’m going straight to the TKR without all the issues I had with this one throughout the years. The added benefit of riding my bike to...
Back
Top Bottom