Guest viewing is limited

PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

@jboles Thank you so much. :console2:

My stomach is tense already, as it usually before my check ups.

I honestly don’t expect any answers as I seem to have rare issues. But I am interested in what he will say. I probably won’t agree with him, he does not think the Bonesmart way.

I don’t plan on making any more follow up appointments, I know where he is if I want to see him again.
 
I can't wait to hear how it goes. Don't tell him that you didn't do PT. You can say that you did your exercises and you did! They were yours! There is no reason he has to know what you haven't been doing.
 
@sistersinhim :console2:

I have a list of 9 concerns to bring up. I am fairly sure he won’t have an answer for most of them, as most of us here don’t have the issues.

My #1 concern is the “hunk of wood” feeling and the pinching feeling I have, both when leaning forward. I am curious about his response to that.

He will definitely know I taped my knee as the tape marks are still very visible. I took the tape off a week ago!

I will report back tomorrow!
 
I'll be praying that you have a good appointment, that he listens to your concerns and has some suggestions, (besides more pt!), to help you. It almost sounds like you have something catching in there.
 
I had the same reaction to one brand of KT tape. The other ones I used didn’t do it. Neither were specified for sensitive skin. Really surprised me when it happened as I had been using the other brand many times without a problem. Just bought a different brand because it was cheaper. Go figure.
 
I’ve used kinesio tape before and never had a problem, but never left it on as long as this last time on an upset knee. I thought it very interesting that it took 36 hours after I took it off for the irritation to show up.

I did find some kinesio tape for sensitive skin on Amazon which I will get. But I won’t use it until my skin is normal again.
 
@Beckadeez Hugs to you, too, as I read you’re not having the best day with your rom. That rollercoaster recovery happens a lot. :console2:
 
@Jockette - I remembered that today was your one year anniversary. See you have an appointment with the doctor. I hope he provides you answers and am anxious to hear what he says. Please know I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Having been through the kneecap replacement followed shortly by the TKR I can understand how you are feeling and hope you get some relief from the doctor's responses.
 
@chrisknee Thanks!:console2:

I’m in the waiting room, so far so good, I didn’t get annoyed with yet another insurance form to fill out! ( first time here this year )
 
It's really annoying when the first thing someone says to you is not "How are you?" but "How's your insurance?" :bored:
 
I’m back!

The appointment went very well. He took his time with me and the only ones in the room were me, my husband, the surgeon and a secretary type assistant using the computer to update my “chart”. (Sometimes there are others in the room, students maybe?)

As I suspected, he had no answers. I printed out a copy of my concerns and he read it. He definitely had time to read it because the computer to show my X-rays was having an issue (thank you, Lord!) and we were waiting for it to reboot.

He said the X-rays look fine, the implant and patella are where they are supposed to be.

He looked carefully at the 2 spots that I have an issue with on the lateral side (the ones in the picture I posted and circled) and he said he didn’t feel any fluid buildup and he didn’t think it had any signs of infection. I pressed on The Spot myself and there is no discomfort when I do that, amazingly enough, yet pants freak it out. He seemed genuinely stumped and was no hurry to end the appointment. He even zoomed in on the X-ray to look at The Spot and didn’t see anything wrong there.

The only mention of PT was that he asked who my therapist was, he knows the group well. He suggested I see the therapist for some desensitization. No mention of any exercises to fix my issue. He did refer to it as an incision sensitivity and I said no, it’s not the incision, I remember that feeling and this is not it. So we didn’t talk any more about seeing the therapist.

He said if the tape helps, use it, but he agreed definitely wait until my current skin irritation is healed. No mention of a knee brace, probably because he felt the patella is fine.

He suggested trying different topical things to see if they help.

So, I’m happy with the outcome. I am not disappointed because it went as I suspected it would. I told him I bowl twice a week and when the weather warms up I will take more walks, he said that was good. Right now I consider any grocery shopping to be a good walk (in a lovely climate controlled place)

He said to come back in October as that would take me well past nicer walking weather and time to heal more, to reassess the situation. I did not make the appointment and probably won’t. No point in paying $60 to show him that I’ve improved, which I hope I will. As far as I’m concerned, I have been discharged. If I choose to see him again, just to get an X-ray if I get a lot worse, I know where he is. Then I could take it to a second opinion.

I did mention to him that several years ago my sister broke a toe and it took ages, probably a year, for it to heal. And that was just a toe! So he said maybe I just have slow healing genes.

So, once again I will try to relax. I am praying for a better attitude towards my recovery, this past year has been a difficult time, both physically and mentally/emotionally.

Thanks for all the well wishes!!! You all are awesome and the best support group there could ever be! :console2:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom