I am so sorry to read your long and difficult experience.
I had a Patellofemoral replacement also, but no other procedures like you have. I will be one year out on Tuesday.
I have had a long, difficult recovery, but yours makes mine look like a piece of cake. I am sorry I did it. The glowing promises of partials compared total replacements did not come true for me.
Are you seeing a local OS or are you seeing someone at HSS? Was your surgery at HSS? I just read through your thread but I’m not clear on those 2 things.
I know it’s hard to get second opinions before a full year, but you’re almost there and I think at this point I would seriously consider getting another opinion. Easier said than done, I know. I have a name for a second opinion on my knee, in case I need it, but I’m not ready yet to do that.
I hope you can get some appropriate help and solutions. I’m so sorry your experience has gone this route.
I had a Patellofemoral replacement also, but no other procedures like you have. I will be one year out on Tuesday.
I have had a long, difficult recovery, but yours makes mine look like a piece of cake. I am sorry I did it. The glowing promises of partials compared total replacements did not come true for me.
Are you seeing a local OS or are you seeing someone at HSS? Was your surgery at HSS? I just read through your thread but I’m not clear on those 2 things.
I know it’s hard to get second opinions before a full year, but you’re almost there and I think at this point I would seriously consider getting another opinion. Easier said than done, I know. I have a name for a second opinion on my knee, in case I need it, but I’m not ready yet to do that.
I hope you can get some appropriate help and solutions. I’m so sorry your experience has gone this route.

United States
After that, my knee swelled up like a balloon and the swelling did not resolve for 6 or more months. I was in extreme pain and could not ever walk after that!!! My surgeon and my PT seemed baffled by that. That surgeon thought I had "CRPS" (which I did not IMO). I went to PT faithfully and just never recovered. The pain got way worse after that, and I really regret having that done... (too late now)
Before this PFR, I kept telling her that I am having debilitating pain in that area, with catching, and she kept saying, "well, we know you have a small pothole there"... And according to the MRI, it seemed like a "small" defect. (Apparently, it wasn't so small when they got in there to actually see it...
)