Recent content by Finallydone

  1. Finallydone

    THR Finally done, again

    Hope this update finds everyone healing and feeling more comfortable than pre-new hip! I still marvel each morning when I’m able to get out of bed and go about my day without the pain from my old hip negatively impacting absolutely everything I do. :) :-) (: I am finding I can do more about...
  2. Finallydone

    THR Chocolatine's New Hip

    At least the walker should meet objects before you do, and something to hold onto so you can stay upright!! But you’re right, it’s better to have light, must be a reason it was the first thing God created!! So glad you’re progressing, I think the first 2 weeks are the most difficult, and you’re...
  3. Finallydone

    Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

    @danelady, you’ve certainly had more than your share of disappointment, pain and surgeries. Life can be frustrating and heart-breaking when It feels like nothing turns out, no matter what we do. Getting our hopes up only to have them dashed down again seems to hurt more each time we experience...
  4. Finallydone

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    “Then one day, my leg jumped into bed by itself. Amazing!” That is truly amazing and I can only hope while I continue to use the leg lifter, which I considered amazing in itself the first time I used it!! So glad convalescence is going well for you. Blessings
  5. Finallydone

    THR Double Hipster Club

    @springs12, just a note of encouragement and hope. I had 2 “bone on bone” knees, my R leg was about 4 inches shorter than the L from the arthritic deterioration of the knees and I had horrible back pain for 4-5 years. I had sciatic symptoms and was certain the back pain was actually back pain...
  6. Finallydone

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Always reassuring to know that your hip pain is in your hip and not your head!!! Now to mull over the physician’s suggestions, push for the CT and research to find the surgeon you want to do the excision and get the new hip free to move with you. Do “lean” a bit on the females in your home...
  7. Finallydone

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    You are doing an awesome job of recovery, maybe pushing yourself a bit much. You may want to keep the cane for a few weeks or months, yet. It will be handy for the unexpected step onto uneven ground, when you find yourself suddenly surrounded by persons hurrying in the opposite direction, or...
  8. Finallydone

    THR Checkin at about two months

    You certainly chose “the road less taken” for your recovery journey. I guess the good news is that although it may be a bit bumpier and take a little longer, your road will get you there. Let the hospital staff get you tuned up and ready to go again, take your time and all the help you need from...
  9. Finallydone

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    No pain is the true miracle of a new hip!! I had years of “back” pain that I now know was my hip. I try to keep reminding myself of that pain when I’m frustrated with post op restrictions and fatigue, etc. sounds like you are well on your way to a more comfortable and active life. Take it slow...
  10. Finallydone

    THR Finally done, again

    I saw the PA for a 2 week follow up 2 days ago. He was more pleased with my progress than I am. Directed me to continue the 50% weight bearing on the operative hip. He did explain that this is as much or more to allow the muscles, tendons, soft tissues that were cut to facilitate the joint...
  11. Finallydone

    THR 5 days after second hip.

    Magnesium also helps the body absorb calcium and most people are a bit low. It’s a prettier safe mineral. Usually a sign to back off and take less is developing diarrhea, softer stools are good with pain meds!
  12. Finallydone

    THR 5 days after second hip.

    @Tra2419 - I feel so bad for you, and for me, I’m a couple days ahead of you and struggling with this recovery. I get anxious and fret over every small twinge and ache, sure I’m moving the implant too much for bone to adhere and grow into it, certain that the next thing I drop will be the cause...
  13. Finallydone

    THR Wide Awake - Mailman Chases Dogs Away

    I think it’s called a marathon. Takes a different mindset and strategy than a sprint. Gratitude is always good.
  14. Finallydone

    THR What do I do if the pain is awful

    I just had my hip replaced 1week ago. I didn’t think I would make it to surgery due to the pain from the arthritic hip (I know, no one ever died from pain, but they may have wished to). The above suggestions are all helpful. Definitely get on a schedule to take an NSAID and acetaminophen at a...
  15. Finallydone

    THR Huge Leg Length Discrepancy

    As joints deteriorate they take less space. Both my knees were bone on bone with varus deformity. Much worse on the R, and my R leg was about 4 inches shorter than my left. I had terrible back pain, sciatica. I had a RTKR and my R leg straightened out and legs were about the same length. Then...
Back
Top Bottom