Recent content by FayeL

  1. F

    THR Post-op swelling-please help!

    Sounds like you are doing everything @52andHippy ! Glad that your blood pressure is not responsible for your headaches- NSAIDS and acetomonophen based meds can also result in medication "rebound headaches" when levels of the medications in your system are at their low point- perhaps your family...
  2. F

    THR Post-op swelling-please help!

    Hello @52andHippy - my hip birthday sister! (right THR September 6, 2019) I too had ridiculous swelling over my right hip, extending around my operative hip towards the back and down my thigh- I was so distorted it was (almost) laughable! Someone here on this website answered my call out ("What...
  3. F

    THR Hipster64's Recovery Thread

    Just read tht hip implants way 1 1/2 to 2 pounds more then bone....just sayin'...... (so glad to have that card in my back pocket to play as needed!!)
  4. F

    THR Yippie Yippie.. Double Hippie!! (CricketHip)

    @CricketHip Happy 4 month! SO SO happy to hear of your progress!! Way to go! Awesome! Yahoo and Yippee!! And now that we are all in such a great mood- gotta ask a burning question (since I first joined almost 6 weeks ago) - are you @CricketHip because that's the sound your hip made pre-op...
  5. F

    THR Hard recovery

    Hi @Royal1383 - I have a dull achy feeling in my right thigh, worse with walking and tender to self massage (if I walk more than 20 minutes, I often feel that tendersness to self massage on the left non-op leg as well, but not that achy band feeling on the left)- I attribute this to weak...
  6. F

    THR Hiptopia!

    @Calgal Just read your recovery thread start to finish (needed some comfort here;I am at 6 1/2 weeks post- op and having a "slump" induced pity party.) I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your journalling for all of us here, looking for some reassurance. I was this close to cutting...
  7. F

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey @Sashka567 - so glad to hear of your reassuring visit with your physiatrist! That kind of "normalizing" message makes such a difference and helps quiet the anxious moments!
  8. F

    THR Midouri's Second HIp

    Congrats on your night out! I am just shy of 2 weeks ahead of you and had my first night out this week for my son's birthday- made me feel like I was rejoining the world- almost a sensory overload - but wonderful (despite my backside's protest to the hardness of the restaurant chair!- I guess...
  9. F

    THR Post Op Day 6---When will the tilting stop?

    Hello my hippy peeps! I wanted to share my good news from my post-op visit with the surgeon- all looks good on the X-ray and he reassured me that groin, thigh, butt pain (pretty much any tweak one might feel up and down the chain) is entirely "normal and expected" at this stage of recovery and...
  10. F

    THR September 7 RTHR :) - a bit worried though..

    Hey @Sashka567 - I hear ya' with the heightened emotions when experiencing the kindness of your OS- there is nothing like the trust one needs to place in the skill and expertise of your physician, in the context of pain and anxiety regarding your outcome, to magnify your sense of vulnerability...
  11. F

    THR RinTinTin Recovery Thread

    Here in Vancouver, in response to our soaring real estate prices, garages are now being routinely replaced with "laneway residences;" small footprint 2 level homes to replace garages and function as rentals to help homeowners with a "mortgage helper."
  12. F

    THR What’s Normal

    My tilt was most pronounced for the first 3 weeks or so- way better now at close to 5 weeks! And congrats on standing up for what you know (in your bones and your muscles) what is right for you! Power to the people!
  13. F

    THR What’s Normal

    Hello Cooper1 - I am also a believer in the no physio approach, after learning the hard way! I am not too far ahead of you and after 1 and a half weeks of no physio at all and just walking 15 -20 minutes 4 to 5 times a day on flat level surface, am doing much much better. The advise you get here...
  14. F

    THR Post Op Day 6---When will the tilting stop?

    Hi Layla- you are leading by example! ( in the way that you so clearly are a source of unconditional support and comfort for so many of us here) - you are so right! I am feeling more confident in my recovery and that frees up a lot of psychological and emotional space to be there for others in...
  15. F

    THR RHip9/12 - Hip Recovery Thread

    Thank goodness for the shared experience, wisdom and support of our online community here! Seems like most of us were woefully uninformed (and subsequently, unprepared) for the reality of this maddeningly back and forth recovery process. I'm with you! Takes so much energy to reassure our well...
Back
Top Bottom