Recent content by eastside85

  1. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Post script - pain is all but gone this morning. I walked stairs last night, just to see how it felt, and I think the muscle is recovering already, from a few exercises I've been doing, like just quad contractions, while sitting on the bed. I used to have great muscle strength in my legs, and...
  2. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Hope you are getting along ok, Sandy. I have to say that between wearing the ace bandage when walking stairs and carrying loads, one Aleve in the morning, and just resting and staying off my legs more again, I'm feeling much better. There is still some remnant of pain in the interior side of...
  3. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    I think you're right Sandy - the quad is burning, I just took an Aleve, and after wearing the bandage yesterday, seems to be somewhat better … not sure. The pain has traveled up higher now, and it's more of a pulling in the upper thigh. Hope you're feeling a little better, I think I waited too...
  4. eastside85

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Hi - I haven't posted in quite a while, so much going on and life just too hectic. I have been on personal leave from work, and moved my Mom in with me last month. She is getting very fragile and forgetful, and needs surgery for Cataracts. It's scheduled now for Sept. 16 and the other eye on...
  5. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Perhaps delayed reaction, or pain, as you did all that walking and carrying - it's possible, I think? I have an ace bandage on the right knee now, and it feels much better already. Not sure if that would help your situation, it sounds a bit different from mine. I also read SFSailors thread...
  6. eastside85

    TKR 3 years - still have pain

    Thanks Josephine, looks simple enough to use. Might try an ace bandage in the meantime, to give the knee a bit more support. Never thought of that!
  7. eastside85

    TKR 3 years - still have pain

    This sounds like what's going with my knee and causing the pain around patella, and quad … will have to check out that "patella tendon knee strap" and will mention this at doctor appt. Found with a search of "loosening of knee replacement" and glad I did!!
  8. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Thanks Pumpkin - that makes sense! As a matter of fact, I just remembered that is what the PT told me it was the first time, scar tissue - but then why the extensive pain in the thigh muscle … anyway, if there are exercises that can help, I'm definitely going to do them - anything to avoid any...
  9. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Glad to hear you had a diagnosis, and that it's nothing drastic going on, but sorry about the new pain. I finally made an appointment to see doctor, this Tuesday. I will probably just see his PA. But at least I can ask my questions, my list is similar to yours, and I also follow a low carb...
  10. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Mine is a little different then, my pain is in the front of the thigh, and I feel like I have no muscle strength left whatsoever. I was also doing so well, I thought … now this horrible pain in the knee, almost right where the arthritis pain was, like a knife stabbing me right there, and the...
  11. eastside85

    Sudden pain >1 yr post-op

    Hi Diva, sorry you are having this problem, and here I am back reading the forum, because I'm dealing with the VERY SAME THING! I have been dealing with it for a few months now, have not gone to the doctor yet, because I thought it would just go away … I also climbed stairs with extra weight...
  12. eastside85

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    So I had my 5 month follow up appointment with OS yesterday, and all looks well! I am going back to work on Monday, and while I certainly would love to stay home and spend all my time with my daughter and grandson, I almost look forward to the routine that working brings to life, and seeing the...
  13. eastside85

    Bilateral TKR Eastside85: On The Other Side

    Janet, sorry to hear your 9 yr old GS had to have surgery, but glad all went well! Your new grandson is adorable ... :) My two sweeties were here yesterday and little Hudson was back to his old self ... calm and happy. It turns out it was the one cup of coffee my daughter was allowing...
  14. eastside85

    Bilaterals - are you glad?

    Hi Vancouver - you will not be sorry to have both done at same time, as long as you have no other health problems, it will save you time, energy, money ... I can honestly say that now, a little more than 4 months out, I am very glad to have had both done, since I'm not sure I would want to go...
  15. eastside85

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Congratulations Janet!! What a beautiful, sweet baby ... I know what you mean about holding a baby, there is nothing like it. Enjoy! :)
Back
Top Bottom