Guest viewing is limited

TKR 3 years - still have pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like what's going with my knee and causing the pain around patella, and quad … will have to check out that "patella tendon knee strap" and will mention this at doctor appt. Found with a search of "loosening of knee replacement" and glad I did!!
 
This is the strap. Can be found in any PT or Health site

[Bonesmart.org] 3 years - still have pain
 
Thanks Josephine, looks simple enough to use. Might try an ace bandage in the meantime, to give the knee a bit more support. Never thought of that!
 
I tried to access my previous thread but it said "Not open for further replies."

So I'm still having knee pain. I had my TKR in Sept. 2012, and can honestly say I've never really had a pain free day. In the beginning it wasn't too bad. But now - wow. My pain is inhibiting my ROM, so then it hurts more. Sort of under where the patella is located, and then on the outer side of my knee. It's a rather sharp, catching pain. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow to see what she thinks is going on. My fear is having surgery again. I just don't want to take time off work (I have the time and benefits, so that's not a problem). To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I originally went thru this to get my life back. Now I'm back to using the elevator in my building at work rather than taking the stairs, even if I'm only going up or down one floor. :sad:
 
Sephia,
Sorry you are having tousle with your knee, let us know what the OS says about your patella and outside of the knee pain.
:flwrysmile:
 
@Sephia .... I have merged your latest post with your other recovery threads. They are all in one thread now and it's open for you. Please post if you'd prefer a different thread title. We'll get it changed for you.

So sorry you are continuing to have pain. It will be helpful to know what your surgeon has to say.
 
Hi Jamie - how about changing the title to 3 years - still have pain

Thank you.
 
Okay, saw the PA today. The x-rays showed nothing wrong. Everything is structurally fine. She thinks it's a build-up of scar tissue, as I have limited ROM. She prescribed Methylprednisolone and PT for 6 weeks, twice a week. So hopefully this does the trick.
 
That is great that there are no structural problems. I hope the meds and PT works quickly, keep us updated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom