Guest viewing is limited

Bilaterals - are you glad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the nurses/aides acted like it was nothing. They are so used to dealing with that issue.
Oh yes, that is so true! but it is quite different when you are on the receiving end, even if you have been a nurse. When it's my turn its not going to feel like nothing I'm sure. :eeeuw:

I wanted to be able to start fresh with new knees day one. I figured as long as I was rehabing, might as well rehab them together
My thoughts exactly! :cheers:

I had a catheter the first night
Yeah I'm kind of expecting that. Will be ok if they put that in while I'm asleep! :zzz:

You can also ask for a bedside commode
Yes! would rather that than a bedpan!! :thumb:

Within 12 hours of getting to my room, I already was seeing a PT. Wasn't long until I was using the bathroom.
Good thing to think about it this way, these worries won't affect us for long....we'll soon be past this phase! :yes!:

Bedpans - silly thing to worry about
Not at all....we are used to being in control of carrying out our bodily functions, of course we are going to worry about how this will be taken care of!! :umm:

there are many things I enjoy doing that I will be able to do fairly soon such as reading, TV, crochet, and talking to all the "Bonesmartees" out there! :yes!:
You and me both Vancouvergal!! :egypdance:
 
Hi Vancouver - you will not be sorry to have both done at same time, as long as you have no other health problems, it will save you time, energy, money ... I can honestly say that now, a little more than 4 months out, I am very glad to have had both done, since I'm not sure I would want to go through recovery again. If the OS recommends it, I would go for it!

And as far as toilet issues, I also had a catheter and was up on my feet the next morning, walking down the hallway and going to the bathroom, they helped me out of bed, and I had privacy once I was seated, so it's not really a problem for most folks. You could check with the doctor's office, each has a bit of different routine, but mine told me right away that they will stand me up and walk me immediately. The joints are weight bearing from the start, so I hope that helps to relieve your fears.

Best of luck, there are some good bilateral journals here, check out Janet2012 - a great success story!!

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom