Recent content by doxiemom2017

  1. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Hi Kneezers! It's been a while since I have been on the forum. I was on vacation for 3 weeks and have been slammed with work! I will be catching up this week. In the meantime... A question on my mind is about taking an antibiotic before a dental cleaning. Do you? Don't you? What are the...
  2. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Week 12 update. Things are going well. No more cane! Every week there is improvement. Small but still moving forward. Taking 2 Extra Strength Tylenol in the morning and 2 Tylenol PM at night. Not sure if I need them, so will be cutting them off soon. Can sleep all night, leg aches and can...
  3. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Looking for recommendations. Planning a day at the beach this weekend. How should I protect my 11 week incision? The skin is still tender. A thick amount sunblock with a high SPF? Or some sort of physical barrier? If a physical barrier, what should it be? How should I plan for walking on...
  4. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    I walked around the block today without stopping! No cane! No pain in my new knee. While still stiff, it felt solid and strong! My right knee that will be replaced sometime in my future, was the achy one on this walk, even with the cortisone shot I had on Thursday. Before surgery I would...
  5. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Thank you @Jockette. I’m not doing any marching exercises, just trying to describe when I get those pains. This long recovery is hard, as everyone here keeps reminding me. Even though the doctor told me and the materials I read noted, I had no idea what that really meant. I wish I had found...
  6. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    10+ week update. I was 10 weeks post op on Tuesday, June 28. Feeling pretty good. Working full time. PT is now once per week. Addressing whatever is bothersome during the week with the therapist. No longer using the cane. Sometimes I carry it with me, in case I get tired or if the walking...
  7. doxiemom2017

    TKR A New Day

    Congratulations Sisterpat! I love reading your thread and replies to other members. I am always learning and calming my worries!
  8. doxiemom2017

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    Good luck! Praying 3rd time is the charm!
  9. doxiemom2017

    TKR Moving along

    Mar and Lindalu keeping good thoughts for both of you and hope things start getting better.
  10. doxiemom2017

    TKR Flutter1’s BoneSmart Success

    Happy Belated Birthday Flutter! It sounds like you’re doing great! I love that you are getting back to doing some fun things. I’m hoping for some of that too! I started some upper body exercises this week too, sitting in a ball. I’m very thankful for Bonesmart too, the threads are...
  11. doxiemom2017

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    I learned from Bonesmart that I can say NO to the PT! And I have. I even told one PT that he scared me. He became reassuring and told me not to worry. Since then, working with him has been good. THANK YOU Bonesmart for giving me the courage to speak up!
  12. doxiemom2017

    TKR How long until you said "I'm glad I had the TKR"'

    Congrats! I walked around the block today too! I used a cane and was tired! But it's progress!
  13. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Yesterday was 9 weeks. Here's my recovery update. I'm back in the office full time. Mostly it's fine. I can rest my leg on a stack of boxes and padding under my desk and ice as needed. Less icing this week. Me and my leg are tired at the end of the day and as the week progresses. My quads...
  14. doxiemom2017

    TKR Flutter1’s BoneSmart Success

    Hi Flutter! I went in a pool for the first time today. My incision has been scab free for a few weeks now, so I figured it was ok...I didn’t ask the surgeon. I did ask at PT on Friday. The only caution he gave me was not to stay in the water for too long so that I wouldn’t overuse the leg...
  15. doxiemom2017

    TKR Anyone use antibiotics for Dental Care?

    Today I am 8 weeks post op. Starting yesterday I am back in the office full time. I will be leaving early two days a week for PT. I also have the option to leave early any days that my knee is crabby. I have a set up under my desk of a couple of boxes and some padding to keep my leg up. I...
Back
Top Bottom