TKR Flutter1’s BoneSmart Success

It’s interesting they wanted you take an iron supp. I was told to take iron as well as she said it something to do with the bone remodeling? As an RN and a dietitian i have never heard of that.
anyone else told to take an iron supp post op?
 
I was told to take iron starting 6 weeks before surgery, and I forget how long after, 2-4 weeks maybe? It constipated me from the very first pill! I couldn’t wait to stop it.
 
Mine had to be iron with Vitamin C. I finally ended up taking it every other day because of the reason uncomfortable effect!
 
I was asked not to take Iron and Vitamin c from supplements but only from food as much as possible.
 
I'll send you a Personal Message (PM) with the details of our special promotion we have going with OneStep right now. There is no cost to you to take advantage of this great program.
Can you please send me the same too?
 
Sure, @Sandy11 .... you should have a PM shortly. Hope you decide to take advantage of the program while it's still free to BoneSmarties.
 
Hi Flutter! I went in a pool for the first time today. My incision has been scab free for a few weeks now, so I figured it was ok...I didn’t ask the surgeon. I did ask at PT on Friday. The only caution he gave me was not to stay in the water for too long so that I wouldn’t overuse the leg without realizing it in the weightless environment. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that all I really wanted to do was float and just do little kicks on the noodle while floating around! It felt lovely to be in the pool. It was tricky getting in and I had my husband help me, there was no rail to hold on to going down the steps. Getting out was very easy. I am about 8 1/2 weeks postop.

Have fun!
 
@doxiemom2017 thank you. What a treat for you to be in the pool. I am four and a half weeks (we all sound like we are telling about a pregnancy due date, not our knees!). So 4 more weeks would be a bit past mid July for me. Yay! Have fun with your noodle.
 
@Sandy11 Let us know how One Step goes, i
It sounds great. I am trying a specilist who works with my GP. He analyzes your posture and movement and creates program to get you into balance and hopefully resolving your pain. We shall see.
 
Hi friends! Almost 5 weeks of recovery. Very early still, but taking it slow and steady. Today is my 64th birthday and family and friends have dropped by. I wore a tiara. LOL My son and his girlfriend came to visit and ended up staying 3 nights. They were helpful, but I am definitely worn out.
i am taking just one half Tramadol and 2 Tylenol in the evening now. That’s it. I am still trying to follow BoneSmart guidelines for activity. I ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes and do some minimal ab, back and hip strengthening. It has really helped my back and hip pain.
Wishing everyone a happy first day of summer.
 
Oh, just curious so have to ask. Is it unusual or unhealthy to still be on pain meds after almost 5 weeks? I still take half a Tramadol before bed to help calm my leg. I take a total of 2,000 mg of Tylenol and 400 mg ibuprofen in a 24-hr. period.
 
It’s perfectly normal and you’re not really taking all that much. If that amount is working for you, then you’re doing very well.
 
Hi friends! Almost 5 weeks of recovery. Very early still, but taking it slow and steady. Today is my 64th birthday and family and friends have dropped by. I wore a tiara. LOL My son and his girlfriend came to visit and ended up staying 3 nights. They were helpful, but I am definitely worn out.
i am taking just one half Tramadol and 2 Tylenol in the evening now. That’s it. I am still trying to follow BoneSmart guidelines for activity. I ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes and do some minimal ab, back and hip strengthening. It has really helped my back and hip pain.
Wishing everyone a happy first day of summer.
Happy Birthday!!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom