Recent content by DJJFPC

  1. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    Today is my one year anniversary of the Left Hip replacement. I saw the surgeon about a week ago and he said I am one of his poster children because of how well I recovered and am doing. He said see you in 4 years time. He is a fantastic surgeon and I am so pleased with the results of the...
  2. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    Hi just stopping by to check in. I am getting close to a year after my hip surgeries and I am playing tennis about 5 times a week and I have also joined a biking group and we bike about 25 miles each Saturday. I was playing tennis on a Saturday but decided that 6 times a week perhaps I should...
  3. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    @SurreyGirl I have followed Andy Murray and his hip surgery pretty closely. He will eventually have to have hip replacement but at this stage I believe he only had some type of hip revision surgery and he is hoping to be back playing in time for Wimbledon this year. Jimmy Connors has had 3 Total...
  4. D

    THR crispy in recovery

    Hi @crispy I experienced exactly what you are going through. I had a terrible headache had to lay flat on my back for about 3 or 4 days. Could not stomach any food had zero appetite. Suffice to say after about a week to 10 days it all went away. The headache lifted after 3 or 4 days and the...
  5. D

    Time Frame Between Surgeries

    I had them done a week apart anterior approach. My Surgeon used to do bilateral but he has found the risk and possible complications from doing 2 surgeries at the same time are too great. He no longer does them and he quoted all the statistics of things like needing a blood transfusion and how...
  6. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    My apologies I have not been on the forum for a while. I have been doing PT and walking 5 miles a day. I am back to let everyone know that I saw the Ortho last Tuesday he took xrays. He said I am cleared to do anything and that I can start playing a little tennis. I played on Thursday afternoon...
  7. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    I saw the Orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday of this week and he removed the gauze tape from the right hip incision. He said I no longer have to keep the left hip incision covered and that in a weeks time I do not have to keep the right hip incision covered. He said my range of motion is good and I...
  8. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    The weather was reasonably nice yesterday Sunday so we went for a walk on the esplanade next to the Intracoastal in our neighborhood. I walked a mile and my husband walked 2 miles. It was great to get out and walk along a nice flat easy walking path. I was tired afterwards but it sure helped me...
  9. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    @Jaycey I am not under any restrictions and I should have given a better explanation. We live in Florida and 3/4 of the house is tiled floors not much carpet. We have a central vacuum in the house. So you attach the hose to the outlets in which ever room you are vacuuming and then you attach a...
  10. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    @MammaT I should have milked that not being able to vacuum for at least another month!! Unfortunately the dust bunnies were getting me down. My husband has done so much I did not want to make the vacuuming an issue so I decided I would see if I could manage. I know he was appreciative of the...
  11. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    Friday was 5 weeks since my left hip and 4 weeks since my right hip. I have been in PT for a week and a half and I am getting stronger and stronger each day. I have been off all pain meds for over 2 weeks now. I have been able to shower on my own for the last week and a half. I stopped using a...
  12. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    @Layla I picked the right guy to marry!!! Although I did go to cooking school at Cordon Bleu he still wants to do the cooking. Our son who lives with us is at culinary school decided to change after 3 years of Bio Chem to a culinary degree. My son is an excellent chef and my husband is very good...
  13. D

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Wow @LowFlo you are doing so well. I am so impressed. Take it slow listen to your body and take lots of naps to heal.
  14. D

    THR LTHR done Dec 15 - RTHR Dec 22

    Thanks everyone for the response to the car driving question. It is just over 3 weeks since my left hip surgery and 2 weeks since my right hip surgery and I am making reasonably good progress. I am walking without the walker all around the house. I am able to shower on my own now. Previously I...
  15. D

    THR Finally, a new right hip

    Congratulations on your new hip and welcome to the other side. Take it slow lots of ice and look after yourself.
Back
Top Bottom