Guest viewing is limited

THR Finally, a new right hip

Enjoy sleeping/resting in. You do tend to unexpectedly drop into naps early on. Just go with it. 4 hours straight sleep is great.
 
Hence the reason, off work & no driving? :heehee:
 
Oh my stars...You are healing LowFlo. Don't put me in worry mode.
You need all your energy for that almost exclusively. Only do what you must...and then, some of that can also go by the wayside.
Your body has had alot of trauma and needs tender loving care. Chores can wait.
Give that new hip a chance to settle in.
Yay for your new hip and getting on with this recovery thing. Those post op blues are a real consequence of the anesthesia and trauma and meds...
This too shall pass.
Have a super easy day.:) :-) (:
 
@Dive17 - That's kind of like my oldest son's "laundress" quitting when he was 14 because he complained about having to help. My younger son seems to have heeded the lesson. He's had more of the responsibility for loading and unloading machines etc in last couple years because the washer and dryer are downstairs but nary a complaint!
 
Oh! You have no idea - actually you probaby do!
I had, yet again written a fairly lengthy screed. With the occasional rewrite as I nodded off every so often, it was almost ready for posting when I blinked looked again, & 2 hours have gone past & my comments had been replaced by a row of letters. All gone!
Thank goodness I had decided in my own mind not to do any client reports until at least the weekend. I'm pretty certain that I've sent out rubbish reports previously. My brain is mince - official! Anyway that aside, my op leg is still twice the size of the other, different type of pain from before. Nodded off again! 6post it quick, still can't find the drafts.
 
Hi @LowFlo
Sleep is a good thing. Our bodies do their best healing while we're asleep.
I hope you're icing. It works wonders for pain and swelling.
While in early recovery pain I recall pain in different locations as well as some odd
sensations. Prickly, tingly etc. Most often short lived.
I felt recovery moved quickly. Hope it feels that way for you also.
Best of luck as you journey through!
 
Thank you Laura. Ice is a problem for me as my freezer is downstairs in the basement
 
These early days are tough. Good thing...temporary.
Hoping today is easy on you!
 
there is a "save draft" button (looks like an old floppy disc) just above where you type. That might help you.

We all understand the muzzy surgery fog. I had to take my son to a GI specialist today to follow up on a visit to PCP 4 days after my surgery. Doc asked whether PCP had done certain things and I said no but my son reminded me that, yes they had (and then I'd remember). Thank goodness the work I was doing from home that week wasn't rocket science and was being sent to others for review!

You might try putting a cooler beside your bed/chair that has ice or ice packs in it. It could be filled once a day by someone and allow you to refreshas needed without going downstairs. For ice, I favored the old fashioned ice bags you fill with ice because they stay cold longer. You could even get an extra or two, prefill with ice and put in the cooler. Bonus - now you have something to also keep a supply of cold drinks nearby.

Good luck and good healing!
 
Good idea re the Cooler, may try & shoehorn that in with everything else. In the meantime it's Pea & Ham soup on the menu. May try Sweetcorn too!
The draft thing is puzzling me, I've seen the draft saved automatically - in a little flashed window. And I have saved manually using the save button. I just don't know where they're being saved to? And I've hunted!
 
Oh dear, brainfade! I'm going on about Peas & Sweetcorn, with no previous mention of what on earth I'm going on about! Well, I was at my Practice Nurse having my dressing checked/changed yesterday & I got a taxi to the Waitrose at the end of my road and bought a bag of frozen peas. I had a wee wander around with my free cup of coffee then got a taxi back home. Lovely relax afterwards with the bag of peas wrapped in a towel and on my hip. The nurse took a photo of my battlescar, as I couldn't reach, and although I say do myself, I think it looks pretty good! Everything is soluble, so no stitches or clips to be removed next week. I can remove the dressing myself on Day 12 & leave it off, if all dry.
So next I'll post a pic of my scar :heehee:
 
You sound totally normal for someone a few days into THR recovery! I can relate to the fuzzy brain issue. In fact, I had grand plans to read novels and rewrite my entire curriculum while laid-up. NONE of that happened! Turns out my mind and energy level settled for something as kitschy and inane as Real Housewives of Beverly Hills—a series I had previously convinced myself I was too intellectual to watch :heehee:
 
Great plans, eh? Typical I suppose, I have so many plans, so far, none have started. I did more when I was in hospital, knitted, read & sewed a little. Since home all I've done is prepare meals & wash dishes. Speaking of which, off to make mushroom omelettes. :heehee:
 
It's a strange journey, or it was for me, @LowFlo.
You're doing splendidly I think.
Better and better ....hope your weekend is peaceful.
 
Fuzzy brain...I remember the feeling. I couldn't absorb much I read or heard very early on. Didn't like it at all. You sound pretty mobile for someone only 8 days post op.
I milked not prepping meals for longer than 8 days! It worked too :heehee: Dishes....forget about it. You're an ambitious one @LowFlo Don't wear your self out.
Hope you have a relaxing weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom