Recent content by Diva68

  1. Diva68

    TKR Wearing heels

    I have been wearing low and wide heels since about 3-4 months post op. I can only wear wider block heels or wedges, a thin heel does not work for me. I would suggest trying different types of heels.
  2. Diva68

    TKR Pain 2 years after TKR

    Mollymax, do not feel bad about wanting to see your surgeon. About 5 years ago, I had a tibial plateau fracture and was referred to an orthopedic surgeon (OS). I never once met the surgeon, only ever saw his physician assistant (PA). Don’t get me wrong, I liked the PA, but felt it would have...
  3. Diva68

    Question fo Post-Ops re: Showering

    I showered at home the day after I was released from the hospital. It was difficult to step into the tub/shower combo, but shower had a bar that helped greatly. I was staying at my Mom’s house at this time and she already had a chair in the shower so I used it. I was able to bend knee enough to...
  4. Diva68

    Very Important Question! Pedicure Pre-op?

    As someone who gets regular pedicures, I asked about this at my pre-op appointment. I was told the no nail polish was for both hands and feet. I would ask your surgical team. Another option would be to get the pedicure without polish. At 6 weeks post-op I had a pedicure.
  5. Diva68

    Cortisone in "good" knee before surgery?

    Prior to my LTKR, I was having regular cortisone injections in both knees. My left knee was much worse than my right. I could usually go four to six months between injections on right. My doctor asked before my surgery if I wanted another cortisone injection in my right knee, if I did he would...
  6. Diva68

    TKR Surgery Complete - Recovery Starts

    I am now at 6 months. I am very pleased with my new knee. I had a few minor issues early, including bleeding from internal stitches working their way out and slow extension. I’m to the point that I do not always think about my knee. I finished PT in April and then started at the gym. Had added...
  7. Diva68

    Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

    I love thong sandals and would wear them almost exclusively, if I could wear them on the days I have to go to court. :snork: I am not familiar with “flit flops” but I do have a couple of pairs of Fitflops. I like them, but would caution that one pair is about a 1.5-2 inch platform. I have tried...
  8. Diva68

    Diagnosis to surgery time frame

    I had been seeing my OS for about 2 years, we were attempting to delay the TKR by using cortisone injections. The injections were working well, then I started only getting a couple of weeks relief. I made the decision to have the TKR at an appointment with my OS in mid November and scheduled my...
  9. Diva68

    TKR Rehab Starts now !

    I was intrigued by your questions, here is my experience: 1. Age— I had my TKR on my 49th birthday. I had been suffering with severe arthritis for about 4 years. I do feel that my fairly easy recovery has been helped by my age. My pain since surgery has always been tolerable, I did not...
  10. Diva68

    TKR SusieB in recovery

    @SusieB, I was able to pick back up at PT after the week and a half with very little difficulty bending my knee. I also took a couple of days off work to give my knee some extra elevating time and TLC. I would definitely call your OS. Like you, I was most worried about infection which is...
  11. Diva68

    TKR SusieB in recovery

    I had about four small places open along my incision/scar causing slight bleeding. My OS believed it was internal stitches that were not dissolving and working their way out. I wiped the area with alcohol wipes and used small bandaids. My doctor also ordered that I avoid PT and any exercise...
  12. Diva68

    TKR My Journey

    I fully support individualized decisions concerning participation in physical therapy. I have actually enjoyed my physical therapy. I feel that the work I’ve done at physical therapy has helped with my recovery. My physical therapist only push me to discomfort not to pain. It is my belief that...
  13. Diva68

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. How scary for you!
  14. Diva68

    Bilateral PKR One Year Update

    Sherrie— that is great news! I’m jealous, I’m at over six weeks and still cannot get to 0 extension, last night at PT measured 121/7.
  15. Diva68

    TKR Surgery Complete - Recovery Starts

    Today I celebrated my new knee being 6 weeks old by getting a much needed pedicure. It was wonderful and relaxing!!!I went to the spa after work, I am now sitting under the dryer. At PT last night I was at 121 degrees but my leg is still not completely straight as I am around -9. It may take...
Back
Top Bottom