Is it safe to wear Flip Flops or Vionics when you have replaced knees and hips?

Hello Jockette. I'm sorry to read that your operation has caused you such problems. It is very disappointing to say the least when you've gone through all the build up to the surgery; the surgery itself and the recovery period and still be in difficulty. I hope things improve very quickly for you.

I notice that sometimes at the beginning of replies to posts that "@LyndaS" etc is on some of the posts. I would like to be able to do this when replying to someone whose post is not immediately next for me to reply to. I looked in the Help section and found a reference to "Tagging" but didn't think that was what I wanted to do but not sure!! Just wondering what you have to do to direct your reply to a particular post please?
 
When you add the @ with a name, that is tagging, and the person you tagged will get an alert at the top of the page notifying them that someone mentioned them in a post, like you do @Lynda S

There’s also an article about using the quote feature, but often members use excessive quoting, like quoting the entire long post, which is unnecessary and wastes a lot of space here on the forum.

Tagging is an easier way of responding to someone. Make sure there’s no space between the @ and the name.

Thanks for your commiseration of my saga. It’s been a long 15 months. While I’m very sorry I had this partial, but if I hadn’t, I would never have found this wonderful forum and met the wonderful people here, and been able to help others, as I’ve been helped.
 
@Jockette Thank you very much Jockette. I wasn't sure if I'd got it right or not!!

I know this site is marvellous!! As I'm so long out of surgery it's a while since I came on here but it was such a wonderful help to me especially when I had my first replacement. The support I had was amazing.

All the very best to you and thank you for your help.
 
You tagged me correctly and I got the notification.

Bonesmart has grown a lot since you had your surgeries, we now have over 26,000 members from more than 100 countries! :wowspring:
 
I love thong sandals and would wear them almost exclusively, if I could wear them on the days I have to go to court. :snork: I am not familiar with “flit flops” but I do have a couple of pairs of Fitflops. I like them, but would caution that one pair is about a 1.5-2 inch platform. I have tried Vionics prior to my knee replacement, they hurt my knee, have not tried to wear post surgery. I also wear Clarks and Sketchers, finding those brands extremely comfortable. A couple of weeks ago I wore a pair of Clarks flip flops to the airport for my vacation, had no problems with them or with walking through three different airports. Hope this helps!
 
@Katlyw Thank you for your reply. That’s good to know that you’re getting on with them okay. Interesting that you mention Clark’s mules - quite a few people have said how well they get on with them. I shall have a look.
 
If the name and @ sign turn blue, then you know you have gotten it right and the person will be alerted to your tag.
 
@Diva68 Thank you for all this information - it’s a great help. I meant to write “FitFlops” rather than “Flit Flops”. (Sorry to everyone for that error!!). Sketchers and Clarks are mentioned often as being very comfortable so will check both of those out. It’s easy to go and try those on here in the UK too. Good to know you’ve got on particularly well with the Clark’s ones. Thank you for your help!!
 
Back
Top Bottom