TKR Surgery Complete - Recovery Starts

My extension was slower coming, too. I found the best way to help mine was to take long strides and walk a heel to toe foot placement. Just make sure you have something to hold on to in case you lose you balance.
 
I am now at 6 months. I am very pleased with my new knee. I had a few minor issues early, including bleeding from internal stitches working their way out and slow extension.

I’m to the point that I do not always think about my knee. I finished PT in April and then started at the gym. Had added motivation preparing for my vacation earlier this month.

Traveled to the Bahamas in early June, and it was wonderful. My knee did fine both walking at the airport and on the flight. Only issue was I found walking on sand difficult and did not always feel stable. It was especially bad when I was entering and exiting the ocean. This prompted more time spent at one of the pools on the resort.

I just wanted to update my thread as it had been a few months. Also wanted to let those with new knees know that it gets better.
 
That’s a great update! You are blessed to be as healed and able as you are. Many members much further along time wise would love to be doing so well. (Me, included! :heehee: )

Interesting that walking on sand was a bit of an issue. It makes sense that it would. Last summer, when I was 4 months post op, my surgeon happily told me I could now go in the ocean. I thought to myself, he must be kidding! My incision might be healed enough to handle ocean water, but my knee was not yet able to navigate the sand to get to that ocean. And if we are visiting our friend’s beach house, there’s quite a big sand dune to get over, before we reach the sand, let alone the ocean!

Best wishes as you continue on with enjoying the things you like to do!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom