Recent content by dinsmaum

  1. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    Hello, everyone! I am back for a minute. I am finally on-line again, but this new computer is going elsewhere to get data transferred from the old one, and I don't know how long it will be gone. I am now 5 weeks out, today, from the second surgery, and doing well! :yahoo: Over the last week or...
  2. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva :Sorry for the delay, I was computerless for a bit. Yes, I did have an odd feeling in my chest sometimes, while I had the picc line in, but have no idea if it was related, or was just another odd post op thing. I was able to be on my own for long periods of time before I went home...
  3. dinsmaum

    THR 6 weeks post op--over it!<

    @alg72 : I just found your thread, was reading with interest, and came to your last post. I have to agree with Jaycey so very, very much!! I had that happen a couple of times in the months before I had a dislocation! You want to be on top of this, believe me! And you *may* want to consider...
  4. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva : Just wanted to reassure you about the picc line. You are very, very likely to be able to manage this on your own, or with very minimal help. As @KarriB said, the nurse comes out, walks you through it step by step,and in my case, was willing to come back the next day or more until I...
  5. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva : Everything feels so much more intense these first days! You have definitely had a very rough day! Listen to Josephine! This will all get better. Just for sharing info, I had transfusions with 2 of my 4 hip surgeries. The first time I was still in OR, and only know because the...
  6. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva : I didn't see this in time to wish you good luck, but will sure be thinking of you as you recover! Shower: It wasn't that long, but surprisingly I don't remember that well. Will ask my sister next time I talk to her, as she is the one who helped me that first time. I do remember it...
  7. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva , good questions. I found I needed more help than I thought I would, and for longer. I did absolutely get to a point where I could be alone for extended periods of time, but it took a minute. Do all the prep ahead you can, in terms of having meals prepared or friends bringing in...
  8. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection* Checking in

    @McDeeva : Hello, fellow Michigan friend! You have come to the right place. :welome:There are several of us in various stages of the 2 stage revision, and people are usually glad to share their experiences. I am just over 2 weeks from the second surgery, and doing well. It felt like it took...
  9. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection After eight years of a happy hip going through a nightmare

    @Tanya0811 : On Tuesday I will be two weeks out from the second stage surgery. It is completely different! My surgeon had told me this recovery would be much easier than the time with the spacer, and he was so right!:SUNsmile: Most of us found, when we had our first replacements, that the bone...
  10. dinsmaum

    THR Pain 7 years after THR

    @jasper01 : Welcome to BoneSmart! You have come to a good, good place! :SUNsmile: The first thing I thought reading your post was just what everyone else has said: Whoa. You are doing way too much! You have gotten good advice on how to modify things, and in fact I learned a few things reading...
  11. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @Krista , I may very well be undermedicated. I have not been happy with the meds since they switched me from percocet to norco the last day or so in the hospital. In spite of it being a higher dose, the norco is just not working as well. It feels really inconsistent. :gaah:I see the surgeon...
  12. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @Krista , I still have plenty of pain,as the pain meds ebb and flow in effect, but not from doing the stairs. Just that surgical pain though, not pain like the spacer caused, that is for sure. I do complain a bit around the house, because I feel that the pain meds aren't doing their job, but in...
  13. dinsmaum

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @MThipkid : Just thinking of you, and wondering how this week went?
  14. dinsmaum

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 : What wonderful, wonderful news! I am so glad for you! I will join the others in saying what a wonderful support you have been here, a true encourager. Sharing your journey and reaching out to others has been a gift here! Hope to see you pop in from time to time, and very best wishes!
  15. dinsmaum

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    @keepmovin : I was so delighted to read about your progress! :loveshwr: Because I am so glad for you, and because it is encouraging for me, and gives me glimpses of it being better! I am impressed with all you are doing. And very glad your surgeon took the time to work through your questions...
Back
Top Bottom