Recent content by DebR

  1. D

    TKR Pain and good support system

    Hi, Yea, not sure why the physicians make you feel like a drug seeker when you ask for pain meds. It's getting worse! & ridiculous!!! Maybe your GP, or a pain management office near you. That's who I see now, I have some other issues also, but they are wonderful and never make you feel bad when...
  2. D

    TKR Pain and good support system

    Hi Probertson I am right near you in recovery date. My total right knee replacement was 8/1/13. I am still having the day to day aches and pains but for the most part at 7 months, not to bad. I try and do as much as I can and them I rest . I guess it will just be that way for a while. What I...
  3. D

    Back of knee Pain Help

    Jozilla , propofol is absolutely wonderful ! You are right, surgeons label anything that is not general anesthesia as being "awake", but you are anything but awake. Between the spinal, the propofol and the relaxation cocktail they now give, all worries will be gone. I was extremely calm the week...
  4. D

    Revision TKR All done and dusted

    Jozilla so funny that we are so close !! I had my surgery on 8/1/13 at Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. This is my 3 knee replacement in the same knee in 4 years. 2 of them being done locally, the third time I decided to go to a specialist & am glad I did. I apparently have a hard time...
  5. D

    Revision TKR All done and dusted

    Jozilla, I just realized you are in Newburgh, I am in the Middletown area !!! Small world, huh?? The anesthesiologist and OS will speak with you the morning of surgery, you can tell them then what I want, if not able to talk to them before. Can I ask, where are you having your surgery ?
  6. D

    Revision TKR All done and dusted

    Jozilla, I have had 2 knee replacements & both with a spinal & femoral nerve block. I did NOT hear or feel a thing either time! They gave me something to relax before I went into the OR, and I was a very happy camper. I remember transferring from the stretcher to the table in the OR , but was...
  7. D

    TKR Too much to soon?

    Hey there! Told you there would be responses!! Provide more info about what has happened with prior surgeries, see what Josephine's take is. I will be talking to you soon, Debbie
  8. D

    TKR 6 months and leg pain gone!

    kneewords, I am one week behind you & am still taking pain meds! I am taking 5mg Percocet a couple of times a day & Motrin in between if needed. It works for me. The doctor has given me the 10mg tablets, but I take 1/2 like mary said every few hours. I need that most in the morning when I wake...
  9. D

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    cycling67, hi. I have a tibial stress fracture, diagnosed several weeks after my replacement. I have long tibial stem implants and some osteoporosis, but was clearly seen on film. But..... I had terrible pain when walking, starting 2 weeks after surgery. The area was extremely tender to the...
  10. D

    TKR Shin pain a worry?

    I can't believe you are wearing the shin & back support to help with the pain, and THEN you have to itch???? That's awful. I swear I think the shin pain & swelling is here to stay for a while. I, too, am working my donkey off & then pay for it when the weekend comes. But at least I was able to...
  11. D

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Brenda, I almost think that anti-depressants should be prescribed after every total knee replacement , even if only for a few months :) The mood swings are pretty awful. Had a good day yesterday, probably did to much and today am paying for it. I warned my husband this morning that he would be...
  12. D

    Extreme pain 5 month post op

    Laura, I cannot believe your Dr. Hurt you!!! Jeez , a little sympathy would be really nice. I went in for my 6 week posy op & my OS barely discussed my rom. I stopped PT, after about 2-3 weeks because I was having horrible shin pain. Have to say , got better after stopping therapy . Don't know...
  13. D

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Hey,cycling67, if you are returning to work on Monday ,just do nothing tomorrow but rest. The shin pain is relentless & the more you stay off of it, the better it is. Try the Motrin, I can't believe how much it helps !!, I was several weeks after surgery before it hit. My knee feels pretty good...
  14. D

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    I forgot to say I couldn't use ice either, it mad it so much worse !'
  15. D

    TKR 12 weeks and Knee-Cation

    Hi cycling67 ! I had my RTKR on 8/1/13, so we are pretty close ! I too am suffering from pretty horrible shin pain, and believe there are several of us on this forum with the same symptoms. Some days it is almost disabling. I spoke with my OS, and he feels it is from the tibial implant stem...
Back
Top Bottom