Back of knee Pain Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with you surgery. I have had several Bakers cysts they are painful at times especially depending on their size.

You should be having a combination with having a spinal block. You will be sedated and have no memory of the operation. Ask plenty of questions and you have the right to say you want a general however I seem to feel OS prefer the spinal with sedation over just a full general.

Please know we are all here and have been in your shoes. See you on the other side xx
 
I am so looking forward to surgery on Monday. We are expecting snow Sunday night too. I have had an extremely busy week at work and now trying to finish getting things at home ready. Good thing as I was focused on other things and did not have time to worry about surgery. I am amazingly calm - and I do suffer from panic attacks. I will not be able to post right away as I will be in intensive care due to my sleep apnea (apparently hospital procedure). I am so happy as I have to be at hospital at 6 a.m. Monday and I am first surgery!!! Thank you for your well wishes. You will hear from me as soon as I am able!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Jozilla , propofol is absolutely wonderful ! You are right, surgeons label anything that is not general anesthesia as being "awake", but you are anything but awake. Between the spinal, the propofol and the relaxation cocktail they now give, all worries will be gone. I was extremely calm the week before my surgery also. I think it's because after all the panic settled, I realized I had no other choice if I wanted to get on with my life. I am 4 months out & do believe I made the right decision. I actually caught myself running (well not really running) but hurrying down the stairs the other day as I forgot something. I couldn't believe it, I haven't done ANYTHING remotely like that in over 4 years. Keep yourself occupied this weekend with whatever you can & maybe go out for a nice dinner including wine, haha! You're appetite won't be great for a while after surgery, so treat yourself. Weather forecast around here now sounds like it's going to fizzle. Maybe some snow & little sleet but it's going to be in the 40's Monday. It's so great that you are the first case, that's exactly what u want :)
Post when you can and let us know how you are, we will be thinking about you.
 
DebR thank you!! I read your whole thread and wow. No wonder you went to HSS. I am glad to hear you are doing so well. Yes too much to do this weekend including dinner out with DH. I have a great support system home and if anything my husband keeps telling me I will need to take it very slow and easy during recovery. I will try! Will post as soon as I can! JoAnne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Jozilla,
I just wanted to say good luck and I hope our surgery is a smooth one! :) I'll be thinking of you Monday....first surgery on the schedule...very lucky. So glad you're not worrying anymore. :) Sending peaceful and healing thoughts to you.
Best wishes, Paula
 
Thank you all so much for your good thoughts! I have been busy trying to get things done for Christmas and also cleaning and getting the house ready for me. My DH helped with everything and we also enjoyed a nice dinner out. So today flew by and hopefully tomorrow will too. I am thrilled I am first for surgery - that was a welcome surprise! Will keep you updated. I am very excited. referee54 - enjoy the Ohio State game!!! Go buckeyes!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Jozilla Just wanted to add my best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Being first on surgery day is great -- my first hip, I was the first one, and I was in right on time and out in no time. The second one was an afternoon time, and ran three or four hours late, so I had plenty of time in the waiting room to get nervous and bored. Not a good thing. Anyway, I'll be thinking of you on Monday! ALSO, don't worry about the anesthesia -- the minute they put that drug cocktail in your IV, you're outta there. I don't even remember getting the actual spinal. The last thing I remember is the anesthesiologist laughing, because when he said he was going to start the propofol, I said "Just remember I'm NOT Michael Jackson."

Peace and love to you,

Milli
 
Hi Milli - I appreciate your warm thoughts. This forum has been invaluable to me. Not only for the kind words and caring but also for the advice I received. I will be taking everyone's thoughts and prayers with me when I go into the OR tomorrow. You have all helped me achieve a calmness I have not known before. What a blessing to find such caring people from all over the world! Will post as soon as I can! JoAnne


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Joanne ... I will be thinking of you tomorrow and sending healing thoughts and best wishes for a smooth, quick op and for well controlled pain after. Looking forward to hearing from you when you surface after the op.

Best wishes and lots of hugs ...
Ellen ...:angel:
 
Thank you Ellen! You have sounded so much better and I truly hope things are improving for you. I have looked forward to all your posts. So glad for all the support.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom