Recent content by DaveGM

  1. D

    THR 4 Years on and some pain around the hip

    Thanks all for your contributions and advice. No result of the x ray yet. Incidentally, why does it take a week to get an x ray from the hospital to the Doctors under the NHS whereas when I went privately (before I retired!) the consultant could see the x ray in his consulting room virtually...
  2. D

    THR 4 Years on and some pain around the hip

    Josephine, Sharon and Poppet Thanks very much for your responses i'll see what the x ray brings on Friday - hopefully nothing amiss just a bit of overdoing it in the garden. Best wishes Dave
  3. D

    THR 4 Years on and some pain around the hip

    As some of you may remember I had both hips replaced in 2011 and considered the outcome of both to be a great success. However 4 years on I am for no apparent reason experiencing some pain / discomfort in the area of the right hip. This seems to be in different places and somewhat...
  4. D

    THR Poppet survived a major fall!

    Hi Poppet I have just read through this thread not having visited the site since the new year. I am really sorry to read that you had a fall some time ago now and still having problems. I hope the doctors can get to the bottom of it soon. Please keep well with kind regards Dave PS I will...
  5. D

    Bilateral THR So, what now? Three years later and so it goes on and on

    Dear Nanamac you were the first to post helpful and reassuring advice to me back in May 2011 after my first hip replacement. Little did I know then the pain an frustration you were going through, and there was I moaning about the speed of recovery after only 3 weeks!! Since then I have...
  6. D

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello I thought it was time I logged on to the forum again to wish everyone all the best for Christmas and the New Year. I noticed this thread in the sticky section. Sandy, what a good idea. I would really like to know how all the familiar names who supported each other through recovery...
  7. D

    THR Sharon's Anniversary Waltz

    Sharon I haven't been around the forum for a while but I am so pleased your second hip surgery went well. It sounds like the temperature was just a small bump on the recovery road. You were a real support to me when I had my first hip replacement - you were I think a few weeks ahead of me...
  8. D

    Bilateral THR DaveGM - 12 month aniversary

    As I have said before having a THR is truely life changing. Since the ops I have been riding my bike and walkng a lot. One of my aims was to get back to riding my motorbike. This has also been achieved and a lot of fun in the process However, I think the small achievements proved to be the...
  9. D

    THR My Aching Rear!!

    Hi Julie sorry to hear you are getting the run around in sorting out your problem The medical profession can be brilliant but it seems to me only when they know what they are dealing with. Getting to that point of a definitive diagnosis seem to be a real problem on too many occasions...
  10. D

    1 yr Anniversary

    Yup Time flies by particularly when you're not thinking about hips and hip pain any more. Great to hear from you again Congratulations Dave
  11. D

    Bilateral AVN age 49

    Hello Bondmgr I was diagnosed with AVN of both hips after an MRI about 18 months ago. A referral by my GP to a recommended OS quickly followed. I asked specifically at that first meeting about CD having read a little on the internet and his response was that it wasn't right for my right hip...
  12. D

    THR AVN Left hip, replaced July 2011

    Alfrida I agree with Linda. I also had two hip replacements due to AVN, last year and 6 months apart. As I am sure you already know AVN can progress rapidly so don't delay. You already know of the benefits of this surgery. As others have said, maybe seeking another surgeon would be on...
  13. D

    THR We can re-build him...

    It must be a sad day for you not to be visiting the dominatrix any more!!But seriously, great post. Getting back to normal things is what its all about.
  14. D

    THR The Cappuccino Kid - the story so far

    Congratulations Cappy on your first aniversary. I followed your progress particularly in relation to having both hips replaced. Its good to hear of your achievements. Was "doing the full monty" amongst them as you promised in a previous post last year? I certainly hope not! All the best...
  15. D

    Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

    Janet I didn't realise when i last read your thread that you have had the second hip replaced. Welcome to a very select group of double hippies!!! Seriously, I am pleased things are still going ok for you, but please remember the healing takes time. You have had a torrid time for the last...
Back
Top Bottom