Recent content by crystals5

  1. C

    TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

    So glad your so much better :yahoo::yay:
  2. C

    TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

    I would RUN for a second opinion. :console2::angel: for you.
  3. C

    TKR Expectations at 4- 5 months post-op after TKR?

    gailcalled I am close to you in tkr date. I have issues with extension and was worrying myself needlessly over this. I tried all exercises for extension and they were all fairly uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Finally, I gave up a few weeks ago and decided if this was how it was going to...
  4. C

    TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

    daughterstalker Hopefully you are off on the weekend which will give you plenty of time to rest. Good luck with your appointment Monday. Insist on some answers and testing as necessary. :angel: for you.
  5. C

    TKR nausea week s after surgery

    Lexismom, if it helps any, for me the worst part was before surgery. I have a real fear of any type of surgery. I had panic attacks and was so worried I would lose my job and/or be dependent. I live alone. Just make sure ahead of time your os will give you enough pain meds. I am almost 4...
  6. C

    TKR Amberpep's Recovery Thread

    Amberperp, so sorry to hear about your fall. Take care of yourself and heal well. Take advantage of any help you can get to get yourself better. Our county has a parks and recreation district and adult education area that offers exercise classes and personal trainers and one of the trainers...
  7. C

    TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

    Congrats on doing so well :dancy::spin:I have been back since Christmas and work on my feet all day. It does get better with the knee. The arthritis not so much. It bothers me so much more than my knee plus my sleep is crazy but has been on and off since surgery. It does get better. Just...
  8. C

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Great news!!!! Your going to feel so much better once you heal. Just let your body heal.:spin::yay:
  9. C

    TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

    I'm so sorry about your os. It would certainly leave a "bad taste" in my mouth too. I went against the recommendations and instead of choosing the ortho who was supposedly the best in town (and could not put both feet into the exam room) and did hundreds a year I went with the 34 yr old newbie...
  10. C

    TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

    Wow! I'm so sorry you are having these problems this far out from your tkr. I had to look up knee crepitus and read that if there is pain involved it should be checked. Good luck with this and keep us posted.:console2:I hope this gets resolved soon for you.
  11. C

    TKR A New Chapter Begins

    Thanks Jamie. I will try using very long strides. I never knew that. I certainly walk enough to practice this. I think I spoke too soon. I'm up since 200 am in some pain. Not a lot but enough to keep me up and I'm icing. My pain is on the inside of my knee, just where it was so bad before...
  12. C

    TKR Knee pain after 5 months is unbearable

    I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing and I don't know what your pain meds are but if you have vicodin you might want to "take a bite" in the am. If it does not affect you since your not driving you can do that throughout the day. Sometimes I end up taking that 3 times which equals one...
  13. C

    TKR A New Chapter Begins

    I made it through 2 full weeks at work. This week was better than last week. I am still very physically exhausted and sleep very fitfully for about 10-12 hours per night and have to drag myself out of bed in the morning. I walk all day and I sometimes must walk far and fast which is no problem...
  14. C

    TKR Amberpep's Recovery Thread

    Abby, its in the Social Room. Happy New Year.:dancy:
  15. C

    TKR A New Chapter Begins

    I made it!!!!! Back to work. I worked for 5 days on my feet all day. To be honest my feet hurt way worse than my knee, probably because I'm so arthritic. Today I have some errands. I am using a cane today as my knee does hurt. Then I will ice and rest for 2 days before I have to do it all...
Back
Top Bottom