Recent content by copsham

  1. copsham

    Hip Infection* Rare five-year post op Issue

    @Elle6 Thank you for your thread. I remember you first time round both 2015! Your information was so helpful. I am of the view that the more we know, the more ahead of things we can get. I am fingers crossed that you get fully better soon.
  2. copsham

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hi all, I was lucky, my hip giving away must have all been to do with over straining. I was a bit crazy with my 10 yr old grandson, a few days before. We had vigourous playing in a local playground, trying to pick him up and hold him upside down and similar! My hips are now perfect again...
  3. copsham

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hi @Constanze Hello from the past! How are you? What a good choice for a "boppy" song. I will be dancing round the living room yet! Times were difficult when we were in recovery but I feel for people being treated now in time of covid. Are you still cycling? Best wishes Karen
  4. copsham

    THR Hip giving way!

    Thank you all for sound advice @Layla @CricketHip @leejaa from the old days and the newbies!! I am quite shocked about advice that I had forgotten - not to "flex " the hip more than 90degrees. For several years I have been sitting on the sofa when I watch TV with my knees up to my chest or...
  5. copsham

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi Nchiodo I know you have only just found this forum but, as you are finding out, it is so supportive. I made real "forum friends" who meant a lot to me, when I was recovering and beyond. In time you will be getting a degree confident and giving little messages of support to others on the...
  6. copsham

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi Nchiodo, When someone tells you it was a breeze, take it with a pinch of salt. I would say now my hip replacement 5 years ago was a breeze. I really can feel the benefits . BUT reading your post reminds me of my recovery, wow quite an ordeal really. It is convenient to forget it all and say...
  7. copsham

    THR Hip giving way!

    I had a hip replacement 5 years ago and really valued this forums support. In the last couple of weeks my hip has been giving away. The first time it lasted all evening, could barely put my weight on it, but following a good nights sleep on a firm mattress it was fine in the morning. Since then...
  8. copsham

    THR Hi, Yearly update

    Hi Constanze, Just popping by to say hello to you and everyone. My hip was done 5 years ago, due to wear and tear, aged 64 years old. My mothers hip was done after a fall 2 years ago at aged 90 yrs old! I have very fond memories at Bonesmart, what a lot of support and friendship between us...
  9. copsham

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hi @Constanze- my buddy from hip op time! We're lucky with our hips and I wish that luck and happiness to everyone on this helpful forum!
  10. copsham

    THR Advice re age of hip fracture

    Thank you @Jackie222 your sentiments are appreciated. My mother had her hip replacement a couple of weeks ago and she has never said she is in pain. Two days after the op she was offered pain relief but she declined. I don't know if she really felt no pain or just could not verbalise it! She...
  11. copsham

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hello Constanze my "old" friend. Hope your eye op goes well, or is it over already(?). You are lucky that you have not got macular degeneration. My mother is almost blind with it, my aunt had it, my grandmother had it and my cousin is almost blind with it, so genetically I think I have a high...
  12. copsham

    Rotator Cuff Shoulder Repair Surgery

    Dear Gary All I can offer is empathy! I have done something to my shoulder - no medical investigation yet. It is so painful. I think more painful than my hip replacement ever was. So thinking of you and hope something gets sorted out for you.
  13. copsham

    THR Advice re age of hip fracture

    Thank you @Josephine. I now need to get the X-rays from the hospital as my mother cannot give consent as she has dementia. I will talk with a local friendly solicitor to find out how. With regards Karen
  14. copsham

    THR Advice re age of hip fracture

    She is described as "medically stable" so we can start looking for another home. We saw a super duper one (very expensive!)with lovely facilities but she could not use the library, the greenhouse, the garden, the cinema with popcorn, the gym, etc what we need for her is "tender loving care" not...
  15. copsham

    THR Advice re age of hip fracture

    Hi Layla, The only thing I could remember from my days, was that hips do not need exercise to get better! What you posted was a really good reminder of everything else. A big problem with my mothers dementia is that she does not know if she has pain and does not know she is in hospital let...
Back
Top Bottom