Recent content by Clipper

  1. Clipper

    Revision THR Golfer67 Recovery Thread

    Swelling made things very tight around my scar for almost a week after my 1st THR. My thigh swelled like a watermelon from walking too much too soon. Rest, elevation, and ice are your friends. It's all worth it. Hang in there and be patient.
  2. Clipper

    THR Shifted stem in femur

    Find a new doctor or go back to the 2nd doctor (like he said to) since the first doctor is no help. Good luck.
  3. Clipper

    THR Anterior Approach Walking Guidelines

    @djacksonsf - My PT measured my LLD at 2 cm (~3/4"). This caused my pelvis to tilt down on the short leg side, which caused the base of my spine to tilt from vertical. Th LLD also caused an up-down, up-down, motion in my gait. I had my short leg shoes altered by a shoe shop where they added...
  4. Clipper

    THR Clipper's Recovery

    @Lobogris I had a shoe repair shop add 2 cm to the right sole (the entire length, not just the heel) of several pairs of Crock sandals, so it's possible.
  5. Clipper

    THR Clipper's Recovery

    @Mojo333 - Thanks for the kind words! I see you're about to hit 3 years! Hope you are doing well. I considered bilateral but chickened out! Hope the recent tornadoes spared you. Good luck. Our ancestors weren't able to overcome hip OA and were left crippled. Hooray for modern medicine!
  6. Clipper

    THR Clipper's Recovery

    Hello @Layla ! Yes it's been 4 years since my left hip, and will be 4 years in Nov for my right hip. I still walk and exercise every day and my hips are one of the main things in my life I'm grateful for and I feel great. I see you'll hit 3 years in June for your right hip. Congratulations...
  7. Clipper

    THR Layla's Recovery

    @Layla - Happy Easter and God bless you for all the help and effort you give ti this forum.
  8. Clipper

    THR Clipper's Recovery

    @Lobogris - Ha! I'm also PADI certified and had 2 of my children certified also. Getting my shoe soles modified for my shorter leg has been very helpful for me. I'm grateful to be able to walk and I've walked over 1 1/2 miles every day since my 2nd hip surgery. The crippling effects of hip...
  9. Clipper

    THR Superpath recovery what to expect

    Hello @CLS - You seem to be doing great! God help you with 2 little ones to care for during your recovery! Good Luck! About LLD. A Leg length Discrepancy (LLD) can be determined by a qualified doctor, therapist, etc, who can verify a difference with a tape measurer. If one leg is shorter...
  10. Clipper

    THR Review after 1 year - is it necessary?

    @Fionna444 - I must say, walking over 4 miles in less than a month is very impressive! Great job!
  11. Clipper

    Hip Infection THR from hell

    @Fractured - Your posts are inspirational. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
  12. Clipper

    THR RearWindow's recovery thread

    What bones have you lost? What reason does your surgeon give for the swelling 6 mos post-op? I would certainly get some answers from him. No pain is a good thing! Good luck.
  13. Clipper

    THR Lyndam's Cable Story

    @Lyndam - That sounds very encouraging and we all hope the best for your recovery! Please keep us up to date.
  14. Clipper

    Hip Infection THR from hell

    @Fractured - That's a tough pill to swallow. I was hoping for much better. Thanks for the updates, keep up the good spirit, God Bless you and good luck!
  15. Clipper

    Hip Infection THR from hell

    Good Luck Fractured! Hope it all works out this time around.
Back
Top Bottom