OP
Layla

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Thank you for the kind sweet sentiment. @Fit4Family and @Teresawebb

Through a clear understanding of the emotional journey involved in the process of THR and recovery, I find it easy to give back here. I suffered great anxiety at the prospect of surgery and took consolation in communicating with members who'd gone before me. I trusted and believed those I forged relationships with which brought me peace and great comfort. For that reason I take pleasure in lifting others with the hope they will also feel comforted and reassured while on their journey.
Wishing you peace, happiness and complete healing in the New Year.

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: baby-jesus

OP
OP
Layla

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hello peeps! :wave:
We were united through hip surgery and we now share an additional bond. In these trying and uncertain times as we all navigate our new but temporary normal, my thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you all. I’ve made some friends here, many more acquaintances and I appreciate each person, near and far that I’ve had the blessing of crossing paths with.

We‘re in this global pandemic together and we will get through it. I believe once it’s behind us we’ll have a renewed appreciation for life and the freedoms we’ve taken for granted in the same way we did after our surgery.

I pray for everyone‘s health and safety. Let’s stay connected. We can share support, encouragement and even some laughs as we‘ll all need and appreciate some levity. Some will be weak, others strong, so please those who are weak, lean on the strong until we’re all breathing freely again.

Sending love, a hug, and praying for protection over us all.
God Bless!

Ryesgma

Country
Very well said , and speaking as one of the weak one's right now I can't tell you how much your kind and encouraging words have meant to me :thankyou: and you're right we will all get through this together!!!!

SEA

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello @Layla! & all our bonesmart family

So very well said and so positive and that is where we will stay positive & hopeful of a good outcome just like our limbs!

Last work day was yesterday at school for me so will miss the place but it feels like It’s the time after surgery and we are at home recovering although we have recovered . I will keep exercising as I find sitting down too long after the day after a good walk I get ‘stiff’ marching on the spot is good to loosen up I find, swinging my arms like a soldier! Plan to use my garden more and exercise bike.

My daughter and I are keeping intouch by FaceTime. Sad we can’t be together but we are doing this staying strong, positive and that is what I wish for you all we have Got This!
:loveshwr:

Izabel

graduate
Country
Portugal Portugal
To my dear Adopted Daughter Layla ... you will always be with me.

The Bougainvillea are blooming so I think of you xx ...

Bougainvillea .jpg

... and when the Oleander starts to bloom my other Adopted Daughter @Mojo333 will be in my thoughts. xx

We don't have any children (by choice) only furry ones, but I have a very special family here who have seen me through very difficult times.

Stay safe everyone ...

Peaceful week.jpeg Izzy xx

Gretelin

Country
hello my beautiful bone hippy family. Stay safe during this pandemic. Yesterday for the first time I took my fitcamp exercise session on line,I needed to sweat, I missed it. It wasnt easy,some of the exercises I had to alternate cause I couldnt go down so fast on the floor. Well, always here and now that we are home cant come out I can write to you my beautiful people, stay connected I love to here from you always. God Bless Everyone snd Please Stay Home for safety on you and others.

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Beautiful message @Layla You have touched my heart in so many ways here. I will forever be grateful to you and this amazing community.

I hope you will continue to be at peace and find comfort in your family and home. We will be stronger by sharing this together.
:flwrysmile:

Debru4

graduate
Country
I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be to be newly recovering from hip surgery at the same time as Covid19 hit our world.

I remember when I was in my early weeks and months, and how much @Layla and @Mojo333 encouraged me. Even though I had a fairly easy recovery, there were still so many questions and concerns that seemed to pop up when I least expected, and it was so reassuring to have their advice and and support. And, as many have already commented, there is something so heartwarming about that and it stays in your heart forever. A huge thanks to both of these ladies, and to the countless others, both on staff as well as the other forum members who always respond with compassion and interest.

For those currently recovering, stay home, stay safe, and breathe. Just listen to your body, and don't hesitate to check in here on Bone Smart to get the support that you will undoubtably will need during this challenging time on so many levels!

OP
OP
Layla

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Thank you, @Debru4 It’s our pleasure to give back what we received from those who went before us. BoneSmart was a lifesaver for me, saved my OS phone calls and kept me company in those early weeks after surgery.

I took solace in hearing from others who had experienced the surgery and found it comforting to begin my healing journey with members who were recovering right along with me. The ability to receive support here helped me feel less lonely on those days when I needed encouragement.

Continued prayer for protection over us all. Stay safe and well everyone!

Bfam85

senior
Country
@Layla Happy Resurrection Day to you and your loved ones. With grace, peace and joy today and always, Teri \0/

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Coco2018
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom