Recent content by Clarrox

  1. C

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    Knee pain My way daughter stalker Bionic woman2 I suggest a luxury yacht that can pick us up and cruise us from place to place, with grape peelers in every port. We can lounge at any beach we come to...and shade ourselves with a tent..otherwise known as my bikini. I've been reading all your...
  2. C

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    daughter stalker where did you get that photograph of my physical therapist? Knee pain given the RSVPs so far, that is going to be one wild holiday :shocked:
  3. C

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    Bionic woman2, My way I, personally, would prefer to not have to lift a finger on our holiday, and want the wine poured down my throat by the same person peeling those grapes. As for swimming, I don't have to wear a tropical bikini do I? That would be something none of us would ever recover from...
  4. C

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    Hi Knee Pain. When I'm having one of those days, when any patience is beyond me, I've found something that seems to help...maybe learned from your Down Under culture. When my waking world doesn't offer much encouragement, I visit my dream world. About a month ago, I started to sleep better, the...
  5. C

    TKR Scar Tissue after Knee Replacement

    Hi Larry. Please follow the wisdom and advice of everyone here who caution you to NOT push a hot, inflamed knee. I wish I had this advice. For 5 weeks post-TKR, my home PT stressed building up strength, ignored swelling and never talked about icing and elevation. My knee, along the incision...
  6. C

    TKR Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust

    Hi @Tothfairy. You watched the surgery on U tube, and still stayed awake during your Op?! Impressive. I had no idea of what happened during TKR until a friend decided to tell me. It was like hearing about sex for the first time. They what?! Glad you're doing we'll, and hoping your knees are as...
  7. C

    TKR Glad but Struggling

    I really like this forum...what wonderful people. And what real kindness you give. I've never been one for social networks. Twitter...what do you mean complete strangers will be following me?! I grew up learning that was something to be on the look-out fir. Facebook...who are these people...
  8. C

    Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

    Oh, how I know about those achin' hamstrings. I think they are paying me back for not knowing their names. Before my TKR, I had no idea of what this or that was called, or what they did. Now, I bore everyone with words like quads and squats. I learned to take care of my hamstrings by not...
  9. C

    TKR Glad but Struggling

    Thanks all. And thanks in particular to Josephine. Will look at that bike Crystals5 mentioned. Finally asked for in-office apt. with OS for next week, instead of waiting for next appointment next month. Told him that, even though swelling is part of healing process, this much swelling 5 months...
  10. C

    TKR Glad but Struggling

    Since I had a lateral release along with the TKR, I've been wondering if that is contributing to swelling. It's not so much just the swelling that bothers me but the fact that the swelling has not lessened at all after 5 months. Some days, like today, I can really feel the swelling behind my...
  11. C

    MUA and still in pain

    I too still have a lot of swelling, and I am almost 5 months post-TKR. There is no longer any pain when I walk, but bending my knee still hurts. I think I'm at about 105-107 ROM. I am reading, listening to and following the wisdom of folks on this forum. Maryo52's snail is progressing faster...
  12. C

    TKR Glad but Struggling

    I feel a hard spot along the right side of my knee. Don 't know if it's part of the metal, or swelling. I make sure to give that spot plenty of ice time. I also notice it's a place that feels most of the pain when I do my heel slides. The other areas of swelling ( E.g. Back of the leg and knee)...
  13. C

    TKR Pressured by pt and doctor to have manipulation

    I sympathize with your distress and confusion. Since my OS and PT always talked about how I had to "push myself", making me feel like I was not doing enough, not feeling enough pain, etc. My ROM inched up very slowly, but too,slowly for them...so I heard more about pushing harder, tolerating...
  14. C

    TKR Glad but Struggling

    Lounging on a recliner, diner, wine, at the movies?? Heaven...except I'd be snoring in no time. We used to have small theaters like you describe. we called them art houses.They are all gone now, to make room for start up Internet companies. back in the day, these art houses had bean bags to...
  15. C

    TKR Struggling with pain relief

    Hi Mictm, welcome to this great community. I'm new in town myself. In the past week, I've learned more from folks here than I ever learned from my Docs, or physical therapists. Before I found this forum, I didn't know what I didn't know..if that makes any sense. Glad you are on the journey with us.
Back
Top Bottom