Recent content by chuckster

  1. chuckster

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Granny it's awesome I'm like a new person I'm still cautious but sometimes I even forget I have two new hips! I can walk up stairs without even touching the rails and the pain free aspect is amazing. I walked pain free and cane free to my sons June 16 graduation and I've been teaching tennis all...
  2. chuckster

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Bye Bye hip pain !! Oh yea !!
  3. chuckster

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Granny sounds like you are doing great ! I had hip #2 same day as you so I follow your thread religiously! I am feeling wonderful today a tad sore as I pushed it a bit yesterday. Went swimming in lake, mowed front lawn ( small area) first time in 2 years!, and taught 2 hours of tennis lessons...
  4. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Chuckster almost 5 weeks post op hip #2 update as follows--- Despite the horrid May weather here in CT my continued optimism and recovery going well! I started driving last week around town and yesterday drove to work and back about a 20 mile trip each way. I returned to the office for a few...
  5. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Yes horseshoe can't wait !! Got out today a bit went to a brewery with my son it was a blast!! Here's to summer warmth some swimming and maybe even coaching a little tennis [emoji462] !! 23 days in today feeling very good .... Aussie Girl hope you are in those lakes before you know it !! We...
  6. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    You got that right Irish [emoji256] Joe!!
  7. chuckster

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Granny me too April 27 today 3 weeks yay!! My first hip Is healing nicely at 22 weeks can't wait till #2 is just as strong !! The PT thing is a bit of a quandary for me too I don't want to push it but I'll do it if its beneficial like anything a moderate balance probably best. If anything I may...
  8. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Thanks KC good to hear from you ! Yep it's 3 weeks now for my right hip and my left feels great at the 22 week mark! So so much better this time rehabbing with one good hip in place ! Still baby steps and patience with #2! Using cane and getting around good my 2 week appt went swimmingly so I'm...
  9. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    I'm with Irish Joe better to be safe than sorry ! Gonna be 90 here in CT this week oh yea!! Summer of 17 bye bye hip pain !!!! The Chuckster is pumped up let's gooooooo!!!!
  10. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    That new swimsuit sounds good my AussieGirl I'm pumped for summer ... it's been raw and cold here in CT but this week we hitting 90 on Thursday I may have to get someone to bring me down to the beach still can't drive till May 25th....thank you for your support I'm SO looking forward to just...
  11. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Yessssss AussieGirl our summer bout to be here and I'm pumped .... yes two good shiny new hips is a really good thing!! Have fun swim suit shopping I love the beach I'll bet they are beautiful there !! Chuckster update : Had my two week appt yesterday went with cane did really well ... X-rays...
  12. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Thanks SO much Sam you are awesome!! I'm really buoyed by the support of people like you here on BoneSmart what a fabulous group. I am at exactly 2 weeks today and yes it's so so much better rehabbing with a good hip #1. I cannot wait to walk on the beach this summer and swim in the ocean and...
  13. chuckster

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    Great update Granny I'm headed to PA tomorrow for 2 week appt looking forward to it ....you and I both April 27 so I enjoy following your progress . I am basically exactly where you are I'm noticing in the kitchen I can move a bit without the cane too . I am committed to baby steps not gonna...
  14. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Hi Aussie Girl hope you are doing well keep me updated ...Irish Joe you are the man! I appreciate all the great support from my BoneSmart friends . Update day 13 I'm getting in and out of shower it feels great ! My leg/foot swelling continues but dramatically dissipates after a long rest in...
  15. chuckster

    Hip # 2 today for the Chuckster

    Hey there Monika et al just a day 10 update from the Chuckster it's going well I am being very diligent and patient with my recovery just trying to get lots of rest with the proper mixture of exercises and walks to the bathroom etc . I went outside yesterday first time front porch just to feel...
Back
Top Bottom