Recent content by celticmom2

  1. celticmom2

    What is the best case scenario for walking unaided

    I had my LTKR on December 11. Due to my opioid intolerance ( only Dilaudid helped somewhat), I had a difficult time the first 24 hours. The second day I was not ready to go home because they still had not gotten my pain under control. I think I've been doing great though post op. I'm 4 weeks...
  2. celticmom2

    December TKR - spinal?

    I'm sure that's true. I'm not pushing myself or my knee and I know it's going to take a year or more for it to be really good. I'm just pleased at how far I've come in 3 weeks. Everyone gets to it at their own pace. I rest, ice and elevate the same as I did when I got home. It's just nice not to...
  3. celticmom2

    December TKR - spinal?

    Hey Matt, I had a spinal on the 11th and they also gave me a nerve block in my surgical knee. I had problems with the pain meds not working, so I had trouble with pain control on the first night. It's a journey and a long one. I'm in my 3rd week of PT and have been walking mostly on my own. I...
  4. celticmom2

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    I love my PT people. They're always encouraging and helpful. Yes they push me but are never hurtful in their comments. I think this makes me work harder for them. This is my first knee replacement but I knew it would be hard. I'm also doing PT at home so it's easier when I'm in formal PT. I'm...
  5. celticmom2

    TKR celticmom2's recovery thread

    I had my LTKR on December 11th. I'm now able to walk around the house without my cane and progressing through PT. It's hard but my ROM is up to 107. I'm pretty happy with this. I'm a very determined person so I know what I have to do to get this new knee working. I'm still unable to sleep in my...
  6. celticmom2

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Surgery done! Back home yesterday. A very good stay despite my opioid resistance. Oxycodone, Vicodin, did not help. Finally went to Dilaudid to ease the pain but left me very sleepy. So now I'm home and taking Tramadol and Tylenol with success. Getting around well with a walker..PT starts...
  7. celticmom2

    Nails

    Yes, I read that no shaving 72 hours before but I got the ok for my manicure!! Yay!! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  8. celticmom2

    It's Almost Time!

    Do you have my surgeon?? LOL! My surgery is next Tuesday and I'm not a bit afraid. I have an awesome surgeon who was highly recommended. I'm ready!! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  9. celticmom2

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Hi! Mine is on the 11th. In the home stretch!! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  10. celticmom2

    2018 December Supernovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Hey there! I'm scheduled for December 11. Pre-op is done. I just have to attend my joint class next Friday. I'm so ready!! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  11. celticmom2

    Nails

    Me too! I know it sounds extra but it's the one thing I do for myself. I'm hoping my doc says it's ok. Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  12. celticmom2

    Nails

    See, I've read my joint binder front to back and no mention of no polish. I'll find out for sure on Wed when I have my pre-op visit. Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  13. celticmom2

    Recommendations for ice therapy

    I was looking at the cryo cuff myself. Do the cuffs come in different sizes or is it a one size? Thanks! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  14. celticmom2

    Recommendations for ice therapy

    Hi everyone! I've been thinking about ice therapy for after my surgery on the 11th. I was wondering what type of ice packs that everyone found helpful? Thank you! Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk
  15. celticmom2

    Nails

    It's funny, I had a nurse in my sleep lab who works for a surgeon who does knees, hips, etc and she said that they have ladies come in with manicures all the time and they don't ask them to take it off. I guess I'll ask on Monday. I also read my pre op folder front to back and no mention of...
Back
Top Bottom