Recent content by CatLady1

  1. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    I know some doctors prescribe dental antibiotics post THR surgery. (My doctor was one.) Some OS don't prescribe anything. I was given a prescrition Cephalexin. I've taken it for the past two years before any dental appointments (teeth cleaning). I called my OS last Friday to renew my...
  2. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Thanks for all your kind comments. I can really tell a huge improvement between one year out of THR, and the 2nd year out. I really didn't realize how the bad hip had caused such body wide stiffness. I used to think it was only the hip and hip muscles that were stiff; I forgot how the back is...
  3. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    It was two years (this past Friday) that my partial body replacement was completed (THR). Another year, and I've gained a bit more flexibility, and am enjoying being active. It's been so awesome to get my life back! (I keep reminding DH that's this is what I used to do...). My brother in law is...
  4. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Wow... 1 year ago, I was back in my hospital room, trying to understand what a "log leg" was. Can it really have been a year already?? Here's hoping all you hippies have also had a sucessful year teaching your new hip how to behave!
  5. CatLady1

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    I guess I need to go back and catch up with some of Miss Cynthia's recovery.... like what happened when she finally had to move out of her lady lair and sell the hospital bed, etc. :heehee: It's so great to hear you're doing so well now.
  6. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Here’s my 1st hipp-a-versary update. All I can say is 2016 has certainly been an interesting year. I really consider my self to be a healthy person, so when I had hip surgery in January, (5th to be exact), it was my first surgery. Ever. I recovered from that pretty quickly, and have been...
  7. CatLady1

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    I am doing well, Cynthia. It's good to hear from you, and good to see you've been 'elevated' to Forum Advisor (which you do SO SO well!) I'm planning to update my thread tomorrow after my annual 1st year check up. It's been a good year for my hip!
  8. CatLady1

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    @Squirrellymom --- Haven't heard any updates from you in FOREVER, and you and I are both coming up on our 1st hipp-aversery. Last time you reported in, you had issues with not feeling very good, had tiredness, etc. Do you care to update? I'm hoping all is going well. Everytime we eat one...
  9. CatLady1

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    I really, really hate to hear this, Julie. I'm hoping you and your doctors can figure out the cause of the new aches and pains, and can also find a solution soon. I'm wondering if it's a drug side effect causing the problem? Every so often I think about those of us who were here around the...
  10. CatLady1

    THR gardengal made to recovery

    I had my teeth cleaned 3+ months after THR and called in to the OS to get a prescription. I took it an hour before the appointment -- was told I'll always need to do this. I rarely take any antibiotics, so if this is what I have to do to have no hip pain, and can now enjoy whatever...
  11. CatLady1

    THR Déjà Vu: Squirrellymom's Right THR & Her Left THR

    @Squirrellymom -- how's your leg treating you, now that you've broken out of hip jail and are moving on with life? Let's see, you're near the 9 week mark... so how's it feeling?
  12. CatLady1

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    >>my legs stick off the end of the recliner from about mid calf so I can't get pillows into the best position. << I was like that too. We ended up stacking bed pillows up on the foot rest, then using a belt to tie them down / hold them in place. My foot would still dangle over the end, and...
  13. CatLady1

    THR Jomarie58 recovery Begins!

    I think the hardest thing with any surgery is the unknown.... everything. What you'll feel like recovering, what recovery means (whether you can / can't move well). Once you get through it all, and realize that "this too shall pass", it's not nearly as scary. I think that's why I put off...
  14. CatLady1

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    I was told to wait 90 days before getting in our hot tub (not sure how that relates to a regular bath tub, but I take showers most the time, so wasn't that concerned.) I wanted to drain the hot tub and put in fresh clean water before I got back in it. So far, it's been drained, and.... well...
  15. CatLady1

    THR CatLady1 - recovery thread

    Well, I too have walked more post op than I ever did pre-op. In fact, I avoided walking any further than car to office, house to car, etc. Otherwise I'd feel the hip burn for the next few days. Funny thing, I really haven't made an effort to make sure I walk xx amount of miles a day, it just...
Back
Top Bottom