Recent content by Cathie

  1. C

    Cramping

    Hi Everyone, I have been getting cramps in both my legs and feet lately and it is worrying me. Its been a year now for the right TKR and 5 months for the left. Actually my left feels alot better than the right does. Don't have a clue why.... But still have some stiffness at times in both. But...
  2. C

    Exercises?

    Maybe I am way behind you all, but I can't seem to walk for any length of time. I get really tired out and the legs get stiff. Do I need to push harder???????
  3. C

    New Exercise Driveway Weeding Squat

    Can someone please share how to get to the recipe thread? Thank You,
  4. C

    Making the transition

    I have to ask - how long does it take for the stiffness to go away? My doc keeps telling me it will, but it seems to be taking forever. I really don't have any pain, but I still get out of bed and have to stand for a couple seconds before moving. Its hard to tell whats "normal". I want to be...
  5. C

    Exercises?

    Hi All! Anyone know an exercise program that can be done to help lose weight? After being so sedentary because of knee pain, I have gained too much weight and really need to lose! (clothes don't fit and can't afford new) I was looking into yoga, but everything I see, seems to put weight on your...
  6. C

    Set Back

    I am kinda worried here. I had one TKR last October and the second May 6th. I was doing really great with the second. Today I am sooooooo stiff and sore. We had a wedding this weekend - and no I did not do any dancing yet!!. But boy was I swollen for 2 days. Knee and ankles. Then today, at PT...
  7. C

    bike

    Kathy- Your questions cannot really be answered in a time line for everyone. We are all different. My first knee was different from my second even in using the bike. So I do not think anyone can give you a "general" time line. Just as a for instance - I stopped using the cane just a couple...
  8. C

    Pain meds most helpful, where to put all the equipment and what kids..incl portapotty

    Re: Pain meds most helpful, where to put all the equipment and what kids..incl portap WOW ! I had the potty chair and think it is the best invention ever!!! I had a real tough time getting off of it without the chair. I think that was the worst part of recovery sometimes!!!! I used a walker...
  9. C

    bike

    You go girl!!!!! We need to support each other, because as Dar says, no one out there really gets what its like in our shoes! I know I am much better off than I was this time last year....BUT I for some reason swelled up today and had a rough day at work. Each time I got up from my desk, I...
  10. C

    I'm new -- but got to jump in

    Yes, it is addicting and wonderful working from home. I enjoy it too. I am hoping in the future, this will be something I can do more of. One never knows...... Cathie
  11. C

    8 weeks old - 3 weeks to new

    DS- I had my Right TKR in October, and the Left 4.5 weeks ago. In my case, the second one is going much smoother as far as movement. My PT, which was the same one from the first knee, told me when she walked in for the first time, that I looked as good as I did when she released me to out...
  12. C

    I'm new -- but got to jump in

    With my first TKR my doc said I could go back to work after 4 weeks and that is what I told my employer - FAT CHANCE!! Even 4 weeks was not long enough. I knew better the second time around. So this time I told the boss 6 weeks and if I felt like it, it would be sooner. But ya know what, even...
  13. C

    First new knee vs. second new knee

    Hello, I had left TKR done May 6th. I had right one done back in October. So that gives the right a 7 month lead! My right one has been getting that band of stiffness around the front of it. I was just wondering if this is normal. I know I am depending on it alot more now. I do have to say...
  14. C

    Dogs and a new TKR

    Hi All, I just want to say that we lost our wonderful golden 2 years ago this July to renal failure. She was only 10 yrs old and I truly miss her still. I think you are all very blessed to have the unconditional love that a family pet or pets give to us. Unfortunately at this time in my life I...
  15. C

    Round Two

    Well I am 3 weeks out tomorrow! I have once again gotten back to showering....who would think such a simple thing in life would be such a pleasure!!!!! I am very happy with the way things are progressing. I am getting around with the cane now, the tummy is back to normal, and I have graduated...
Back
Top Bottom