Guest viewing is limited

Making the transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I suffer with my brain all the time.
I call it CRAFT disease, Can't Remember a F****** Thing!! .......LOL.........

Now THAT made me laugh! I knew about CRS disease (Can't Remember Sh*t), but CRAFT is new to me. I'm definitely a sufferer.
 
I like both of those. But I will never be able to remember them long enough to use them as an excuse! Dang!
 
er go the problem, ay ladies? Sue good to read ya. I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU TODAY. oNLY GOOD THINGS i PROMISE. (Blasted cap key!) Anyone hear from turtle lady? Thought of her too.
 
So I'm 4 months post single TKR and I realized from reading the posts that
I'm no longer in a good position to offer advice to knee replacement folks
cause its hard to remember what I felt like in the dog days of the replacement.

On one hand there are so many people who are hanging around here a month
in front of where I am/was who were invaluable and I consider great friends.
On the other hand I read the posts from the people about sleeping/ROM/pain management/
PT and I think I remember that but it doesn't govern my life anymore. My knee
isn't perfect but its a lot better than it was preop. I'm glad I did it but now I think
about things other than knees.

So on one hand I'm feeling useless to a lot of you folks who are thinking or have just
done the big nasty. On the other hand I feel like a role model for reaching a point
where your life is not governed by how much pain and stiffness will be in your knee
tomorrow.

I hope this makes sense but this is also what a good bottle of Oregon Pinot
does to you.

It sure does....I need to get my other knee done this fall and I had my right TKR April 23....and I am already forgetting all the little aches and pains and details :)

But ain't it a great problem to have? *grins*
 
My knee
isn't perfect but its a lot better than it was preop. I'm glad I did it but now I think
about things other than knees.

I have to ask - how long does it take for the stiffness to go away? My doc keeps telling me it will, but it seems to be taking forever. I really don't have any pain, but I still get out of bed and have to stand for a couple seconds before moving. Its hard to tell whats "normal". I want to be able to think about other things.......
 
Cathie,
I'm at 7 months and still improving. Very little stiffness but it does flair up when I overdo it.
 
I have to ask - how long does it take for the stiffness to go away? My doc keeps telling me it will, but it seems to be taking forever. I really don't have any pain, but I still get out of bed and have to stand for a couple seconds before moving. Its hard to tell whats "normal". I want to be able to think about other things.......


I am told the stiffness issue can last a year or more in some cases.
 
Cathie, I am still having constant stiffness at 8 months, but am able to live a near normal life still. My OS said it can take up to a year or more when I saw him last Thursday. Some of us just take longer to get back to normal than others. I am just so pleased I have no more pain in this new knee. Can't say the same about my other one though. I also woke in the night with back pain, must have twisted or something. It is a long on going problem (spondiolythesesis) so it flares up now and again, so will just take it easy today (that's how come I am posting during the day again) and use my heat pad and Advil!!
 
You know stiffness is a funny thing. Pre TKR I would wake up in the
morning with a stiff leg. It would loosen up after taking the stairs to
get coffee in the morning. Then even with lots of Naproxen it would
get stiffer and stiffer as the day wore on.

Now 5 months postop I wake up feeling just about the same and go downstairs and loosen
up but it doesn't get worse as the day goes on - so I don't seem to
mind the morning stiffness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom