Recent content by Cass

  1. C

    4 months out...

    Thanks to both of you for the words of encouragement and suggestions. I did buy several pairs of new shoes so that has helped a bit. I did not think of the water pills so I will pursue it with my GP. It is quite a long journey, but so worthwhile in getting back quality of life again. I...
  2. C

    4 months out...

    Hi everyone, I'm almost 4 months out and doing well except for right foot pain and swelling on the leg of the knee replacement. It's difficult to wear my regular shoes some days because of the swelling. I'm still using my wonderful ice packs and elevating when my knee is sore after working...
  3. C

    When does this TIGHT, STIFF thing become a knee???

    Hi, Here's hope that you'll be driving soon. My hubby took me to the school parking lot at 3 and 1/2 weeks, right after I stopped the narcotics. I was really afraid, but got behind the wheel anyway (I have a low convertible also). Much to my surprise, no pain when I pressed on the gas...
  4. C

    Gale - 8 weeks post op

    Hi Gale, I'm also using Ambien CR and getting about 4-5 hours a night with it at 5 weeks today. Perhaps it might help you??
  5. C

    It's two weeks tomorrow..

    Thank you, Jo. I appreciate your thoughts for me. I do not like being so groggy all the time if I can tolerate the pain. I will discuss this pill issue with him on Wednesday and let you know what he thinks about it.
  6. C

    It's two weeks tomorrow..

    and I feel like I'm doing OK. My home therapist just left, releasing me to outside PT beginning on Friday. My rom was 87 today (hurt like hell), but he pushed me on. I have moved from the walker to a cane now. Pain is under control most of the time - I've dropped down to 2 pills from 3 of...
  7. C

    I made to the other side...

    Hi everyone, Still pretty groggy so bear with me. Surgery went well - scratching pretty good from the Dilaudid even though i'm taking Vistroil to prevent it. The new pain is different and I know it will go away eventually. It was so worth it for all of you still questioning whether to do...
  8. C

    Surgery is over

    It's her Hubby - pain med from surgery has worn off and she's pretty uncomfortable... We just returned from first therapy session...and it's ice, meds, and nap for now... Thanks for all of your good thoughts and prayers... ...John
  9. C

    Surgery is over

    I made it! A little groggy, but doing OK. I saw my doctor in recovery - he said my knee was horrible, but is all fixed now. My PA was just in to check me, said I am not having the intense pain yet because they injected the knee capsule before closing with Morphine, Toradol and something...
  10. C

    Surgery is tomorrow...

    New update - hospital called to say come at 5:00 am so we'll be on the road by 4:30. Thanks for all of your positive notes and the thoughts and prayers you are sending my way. I can feel them already and know they will help get me through tomorrow. My hubby is not too good on the computer...
  11. C

    Surgery is tomorrow...

    It's hard to believe the waiting time went by so quickly and I will be going to the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning. I just left work for the last time for a while after being surprised with a fantastic "Good Luck" luncheon from my Senior Staff team. It was so nice after being busy all...
  12. C

    Terri is in Surgery

    Terri... So sorry you had a rough first night, but sounds like you are on the way back now. It should all be uphill from here and finally you will be painfree. Hang in there and keep fighting! You are so lucky to have such a great guy for a hubby watching out for you. You are in my thoughts...
  13. C

    Anxious about Pain Meds Allergies

    Hi everyone, I spoke with my doctor's office twice today. The nurse checked with the PA who will be seeing me in the hospital. After their discussion, the PA has already written an order for them to give me Benadryl before I go into surgery and they will use Dilaudin (which I am allergic to)...
  14. C

    Anxious about Pain Meds Allergies

    Hi Texas, Yes, the nurse from the hospital called me on Monday and I did tell her about all my allergies. Her response was you'll speak with anesthesia people the morning of the surgery. I don't know if that means it will be resolved at that time?? I'm still going to call OS office this...
  15. C

    Anxious about Pain Meds Allergies

    I am very anxious about my surgery on Tuesday since I am allergic to most pain medications. After reading about all of you needing these pain meds so often afterward, I am frightened I will have to go through recovery with only Tylenol and Advil. I am going to phone my OS today to find out...
Back
Top Bottom