Recent content by Canucklady

  1. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Last night I was checking BN only mom. She is walking around living room with no walker and she was looking for it. And she asked me if I have seen her walker. Lol. I guess she didn't realize she was walking without it. :)
  2. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    It has been awhile since an update about my 81 year old mom. Just short of 3 months postop, mom is progressing, slowly but surely. She went to her seniors club lunch this week and socializing lifted her mood. I am relieved and looks like worse is over. Thanks to this group for moral...
  3. C

    THR Layla's Recovery

    I totally understand what you are going through. That generation is tough lot and will do things their way. Keep reminding yourself first two weeks are the hardest. Although it sounds like your mom is more mobile than mine was. One day at a time. This will pass
  4. C

    THR Layla's Recovery

    Layla hang in there. My mom refused pain meds as well at first because of all talk of addiction etc. One day she decided to try half dose. She realized she moved better. It is a delicate balance. Hope you get some rest. Remember first 2 weeks are hardest but you will both get through...
  5. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Mom seems to have slowed in progress. Possibly just needs more rest. PT says she is progressing nicely. Greatest challenge is walking long distances and getting in/out of car
  6. C

    THR Layla's Recovery

    I will be thinking of you and your mom. If she has any struggle at all getting up first few days, insist on stay at rehabilitation hospital/unit. One day at a time. First two weeks will be most difficult. I will check in for sure
  7. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Seems progress has slowed. But less and less pain. Her balance is good. I will take it as no news is good news
  8. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Thanks Josephine. She put ice on it today and I did try to massage gently for her. It seemed to help. Things are improving
  9. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    My mom's pain in image is in box WR3f, xR3f and yr3f. That area more inner thigh. She says it is a burning pain. Worse when lying in bed. I am thinking it is muscle soreness. Mom is 2 months postopp. Otherwise she is mobilising. Although by nightime she is limping
  10. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Which Josephine do I tag to ask question about groin/inner thigh pain? Other than that mom is progressing. She Is just not sleeping well because pain is worse at night But I am thankful otherwise.
  11. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    Things are progressing. Mom is getting in and out of bed on her own. We ordered one of those fall detection devices in case (hopefully she will never need it) Only issue right now is she has inner thigh/groin pain on operated leg. Is that something I should be concerned about?
  12. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    First morning alone for my mom yesterday, while we get back to work. Luckily I am able to work from home half days. Her balance is pretty good. Still pain at night, but she is taking less pain meds.
  13. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    @Layla hope your mom's recovery is smooth. Just two weeks ago mom wasn't walking as much as she is now. Time does heal wounds. Just have to remember to be patient
  14. C

    THR 80 year old mom hip replacement, slow recovery

    2 months post op for my mom. It has been roller coaster of emotions and challenges. I have learned to take things one day at a time and to have patience. The body really does heal if you let it. Last night my mom surprised me yet again. All of a sudden she was able to get in/out of bed...
Back
Top Bottom