Recent content by Cannecon

  1. Cannecon

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Hi Lori like you I'm 7 months plus after rtkr. I went back to work after 6 weeks, didn't have a choice.Like you didn't have much pt , when I tried the bike I couldn't get a full rotatation, still can't.I still go up and down stairs like you, on step at a time.At work I have a flight of 25 stairs...
  2. Cannecon

    New here, hip surgery on July 10, and losing my job at the same time

    Gabs, welcome to bonesmart, you'll fine lots of help and info here, also caring people. like you I have lost my job while recovering from a ltkr on April 10th this year. I was made redundant at the age of 58, but 6 weeks later I went for a job interview, my first in 8 years!!! and got the job...
  3. Cannecon

    Calling all April replacements!

    Hi all April new knees, Im nearly 9weeks post op, doing ok.Walking without crutches , use a stick to walk further than 400 yards. I was made redundant a week ago after working there for 8 years ,:boohoo:but knew it was happening so applied for another job and got it.:dancy: , I start on Monday...
  4. Cannecon

    TKR A Lefty for kneeper

    Best wishes kneeper hope to see your post op posts soon Anne:flwrysmile:
  5. Cannecon

    Assembly of your TKR team

    I agree Jo, I am 6 weeks post op have seen my pt 3 times and was handed a hand written list of exercises, as she had no photocopies but the list was tailored to my needs . I'll see my surgeon next weet 7weeks post op . We do have different ways of doing things in the uk. yet when I saw my pt...
  6. Cannecon

    Just Hello, and I'm scared

    I had to go up and down a flight of 10 stairs two days after my tkr before I was allowed to go home, that and walk up the ward and back, wash, toilet and dress myself.at home I have 13 steps to the bathroom and bedroom, so needed to be able to do it, slowly carefully is the key, no rushing, now...
  7. Cannecon

    Just Hello, and I'm scared

    You are right wednesday, but I don't have a rail on my stairs, then you have to learn how to carry the spare crutch in the same hand as the crutch you are relying on to get up or down. Horses for courses, I found it easier as I didn't have the rail. Anne
  8. Cannecon

    Just Hello, and I'm scared

    welcome Sf-slim. Don't worry about the stairs just remember to take one step at a time. Going upstairs with crutches "Good leg " or unoperated leg on stair then "bad leg" operated leg on same stair.then one crutch then second crutch, repeat all the way up. To come down stairs place one...
  9. Cannecon

    RTKR May 06, 2014

    Hi you re doing too much exercise as Celle says, the tight feeling is part of the recovery of your knee , I'm six weeks post op, my phisio starts tomorrow with "gentle" stretches etc, rest , ice elevate are vital at the moment, the more you over do therapy the worse the pain gets , trust " us"...
  10. Cannecon

    RTKR May 06, 2014

    Stay strong and take it day by day, everyone here is thinking about you. :loveshwr::friends: Anne
  11. Cannecon

    TKR When does the PAIN stop???

    Jawndo so sorry you are in pain, but it DOES get easier, but it takes time and patience.Your knee has been through a "car crash". It needs to recover. The pain on standing eases , but not as fast as a week. Follow BS mantras , they work, rest and be kind to your knee. My first pt was 10 days...
  12. Cannecon

    Scar gel

    Like you Celle , I use Bio oil, but have done for years on other scar etc and dry skin, it make the skin feel better, but NOTHING will make a scar disappear totally. Definately a scam at that cost. Anne :xmark:
  13. Cannecon

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Super woman is having a rest right now , "she'll be back" !!! Sorry that's another script. your knee is in charge right now , so I know it hard to let things "go" but the housework can wait till you can do a little at a time the emphasis on a little! Stop feeling guilty. Easier said than done...
  14. Cannecon

    TKR Roller Coaster of Emotions Continues . . .

    Hi Lori, Tykey is right , I have seen my pt twice since my ltkr on 10/04/14 the first session was 3 weeks after op and she gave some exercises to do, but only if there was NO pain, and again yesterday to check I could do the few excercises she gave and to see her again in 2 weeks time. To do...
  15. Cannecon

    TKR When does stiffness improve?

    :wowspring:wow clowny just think how well you are doing,8 weeks on, everyone agrees the stiffness, tight feeling around the knee IS pain, it IS, and it helps to keep on top of your meds, you have achieved alot , this is just a blip, we all expect instant results. you have had major surgery. Also...
Back
Top Bottom