Recent content by bobbi

  1. B

    THR Done and dusted

    Hi NoraJ, To be honest with you, my knees were alot easier then my hip. I had my right knee replaced in 2009 and the left one replaced in 2010. My right hip just got replaced last October, 4 months ago. Next fall I will probably need my left hip done. Then both shoulders need to be done at some...
  2. B

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    You are so brave to be awake! I have the spinal and I like being numb after surgery. Can't pee so they put a cathater in which is nice so you don't have to get up so soon. It sounds like you did great right after your surgery.
  3. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Hi Jayce, long time no see! How are you doing? Thanks for the response. Yes, I have a lift in my left shoe and I wear it when I go out. I am such a klutz when I wear shoes and the tennys I wear now have such good traction, they have the waffle sole where rocks get stuck in them. I have gone...
  4. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Thank you Hopper Nanny for replying so quickly. Sometimes you get to a point where you really need support from someone who has been there and totally understands. I have one leg longer then the other, of course. That causes problems because I don't wear shoes in the house. So I walk funny. If...
  5. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Ok, Sorry I haven't been here. Not much to discuss. I am 4 months post op. I had 8 sessions of PT. That helped a lot.Just saw my OP and he said I'm doing great for someone 4 months out. He tested the leg for strength and I passed with an A. I graduated from PT. I passed all my tests. Then then...
  6. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    No not doing stretches. No one is telling me anything. I have no idea what I should be doing 3 months out. Everyone on here has a different idea of what I should and should not be doing. It's all very confusing and frusterating. I would think by now I would pretty much be leading a near normal...
  7. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Sorry I haven't been here.I'm 3 months post op and disappointed in my rate of recovery. I'm still using a cane to get around. Trying to walk after sitting is really hard to do. The first step is very painful then each step gets easier. I saw my OP and he started me on PT for 8 sessions. 2 times...
  8. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Hello, Can anyone see my posts? I haven't heard from anyone in a while. I have a few questions. I still have pain when I try to put weight on my new hip from the sitting to walking position. I am still using a cane to get around. I limp if I don't. I'm doing my leg lifts every day. My OS wants...
  9. B

    THR Mission Accomplished in H-Town

    Is that what those are called? Groin twinges! My gosh, those are funny feeling. And you cant stop them either. Once they start, they have to finish on their own. Kinda like labor and pushing, you can't stop it! Lol. I am really enjoying your posts PhatTxDiva. Keep up the good work!
  10. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    I got my vena filter taken out on Thurday. Now I have a hole in my neck. I am back on my Coumadin so have to be careful that I don't injure the site. I am on a cane in the house and a crutch when I go out to the store. I still feel pain when I put too much weight on the new hip. Right after I...
  11. B

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Hi Tashia, I have read most of your posts on your progress. I can't believe how much we have in common as far as healing and all the stuff we had to deal with. The sweats, ect. One thing I understand is the knees vs. the hips. I agree, the knees were easier. I had both of them replaced about 4...
  12. B

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Hi Tashia, It sounds like you are suffering from the winter blues too. I just had my right replaced on Oct. 6th. I am still one crutch and use a cane around the house. We just need some patience to let our body heal. I know for me that is the hardest part. But just think how wonderful we will...
  13. B

    THR One hip done, one to go!

    Hi everyone, What is AVN? What is the difference between posterior and lateral approch? I dont know what I had, but I have an 8 inch incision running across my hip bone. My doc just told me this would be easier to heal from. I dont know about that. Good luck in your healing progress. Every day...
  14. B

    THR 14 days post op on new hip!

    Hi Rhonda, What is LLD? All I know is that it is very painful. I pray I can walk without aid by next spring. I have to move and it's very hard to do anything with a crutch.
Back
Top Bottom