Recent content by BMsea

  1. BMsea

    Hip Infection BMsea Recovery

    @Jaycey Hello Jaycey, yes, I feel like I have a very good surgeon. I suppose that's more than half the battle. I'm getting the staples out this Monday, that's most likely causing a lot of my surgical pain. The hip is feeling real good, no pain at all. I'm doing a lot of resting, between the...
  2. BMsea

    6 weeks out after LTHR feel like I'm regressing

    Hello Chuckster, This website has been amazing for questions and support. I just had my left hip replaced a week ago with a temporary hip because of an infection that seemed to come out of nowhere, been dealing with it since Aug 2016. The plan is to be infection free for about a year and get the...
  3. BMsea

    Hip Infection BMsea Recovery

    Hello all, Well I was off antibiotics for about 3 weeks and after talking to my OS, we were planning on putting the permanent hip in after 2-3 months of infection free. The Doc said what he could tell from X-ray and MRI it was going to be a pretty long 2-3 months until the next surgery. My left...
  4. BMsea

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    @Tweetybrd Hi Tweetybrd glad to hear everything went well. Sounds like your going to have a good quick recovery. I'm already in hospital for the past 4 days, the pain just got to bad. Couldn't put any weight on left leg, turns out, I have an abscess. Going into surgery tomorrow to flush, take...
  5. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    Yikes, thank god for the end results. Still not really sure what OS is planning, I guess I have hope for the best and focus on the future. I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing your story! Mike
  6. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    @Ipolovchik thank you for responding. That's mostly likely the path I'll be taking. The pain got so bad, I went to the ER on Wednesday. I'm now on IV antibiotics and Diladid and resting as comfortably as I can. I had my MRN done Thursday morning and they discovered an abscess within the leg...
  7. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    @Josephine thats encouraging. Doc phoned in OxyCodone and cephalexin, he seems to think the antibiotic will help with pain. If it doesn't I think I'm going to go to ER in the morning. I would be much more comfortable with stronger meds and can ask my million questions Thanks a lot for your...
  8. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    Well, got the blood work results back today. My CRP was 12.7 last week, the blood work from yesterday was CRP 98. Yep, infection is back. OS ordered temp hip and getting it putting Monday. What I find strange is neither the OS or ID Dr are putting me in the hospital. They are prescribing oral...
  9. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    @Joesphine hello, thanks for getting back with me. I will try the Tylenol right way. The OS also said if the infection was back they might have to install a spacer. From the forums, it sounds like most have pretty good results from that. My big concern is getting bad to work quickly, we are a...
  10. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    Ok, the pain was so bad today I was unable to walk. I had to call out of work. Pain meds are not working, 100mg tramadol every 6 hours and a 800 mg Motrin in between. I'm going to try icing, can't think of anything else to do. I did up my OS appt to this Thursday. Hopefully the Doc can do...
  11. BMsea

    Hip Infection - Any Advice

    Hello all, it has been a little while. Just wanted to give an update. Saw my OS about two weeks ago, was using a cane but the pain got so bad I switched to crutches. The doctor and I talked about having to be infection free for about 2-3 months before replacing the hip. He did possibly...
  12. BMsea

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    @MetEish glad to hear your surgery went so smoothly. I'm hoping to get my THR in April, just pray it goes as smoothly. Caught a left hip infection back September, destroyed the cartlidge, finally infection free. Just have to wait a few more months to ensure no further infection. It's been pretty...
  13. BMsea

    THR and 32 years old

    @medlence wow, your recovery is very encouraging. I'm having my THR hopefully in April. I'm a little older, but in pretty decent shape. I have 3-4 weeks vacation time before having to get back to work. I sure hope my surgery goes as smoothly as yours. Do you happen to know what kind of material...
  14. BMsea

    Tweetybrd's pre-op saga.

    @Tweetybrd wishing you all the best. I have an appt with my OS on Jan 5th, I'm going to ask him about the SuperPath method. It's certainly sounds like one of the best options. I had a hip infection and now have to wait 2-3 months before getting my hip replacement to ensure I'm infection free...
  15. BMsea

    LTHR scheduled for 1/3/2017, count down begins!

    @dehsmp My insurance paid for my walker, but used Amazon for the rest. @Doxielover All the best on your surgery. I had a hip infection and have to wait 2-3 months infection free before getting my new hip. Lots of pain killers and hobbling around.
Back
Top Bottom