Guest viewing is limited

Tweetybrd's pre-op saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SwimGirl Oh I don't take the cane OUT of the house.....:whistle:

I do have a countdown on my phone @Miss Muffet , just had not looked at it in a few days. hehe

Yes, hopefully, the insurance change doesnt mess things up. So far so good, but I wont know for sure until they put in the pre-authorization for the surgery on like the 2nd of January. :fingersx::prayer::angel:

I still don't get the hang of where to read and to reply~ but Tweetybird, what's your date?? I think we were very close... I'm Jan 9th....


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Tweetybrd- just checking on you- how are you doing? Your time is getting close! What's the countdown? How many days til the big day??? I'm praying you can keep your pain controlled right up til the end.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Aw Thanks @jaymo for checking on me! :loveshwr: I am doing ok, I have stopped using good or fine when asked these days. I am holding my own and cant wait until this is all over. I am at 30 days today. I greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I read your update on your thread and am so happy to see you are doing well. I hope you get your strength back for those long work days. Are you looking forward to watching your sweet little guy open his presents? They are such a joy and blessing. Hang in there and keep resting and healing up when you can. :tree:


@B HIP My surgery date is the 20th of January. So about a week and a half after yours. How are you doing? Have you done all your pre-op bloodwork and stuff?
 
Quick update. I have now done my joint class at the hospital. I feel it was good to go to from the aspect of learning about the prodigals of the hospital and being able to see the ortho unit they have and know exactly where I will be after surgery. As far as the surgery itself they didn't go over anything that I didn't already know from this great site. I met a gentleman who is scheduled with my OS on my same surgery date and we joked about we would see who got to go first on the surgery day. :wink:

I met, earlier this week, a PT lady who I had been recommended from a friend. I had called and asked if I could have an appt with her to see the place and visit before my surgery. The place is small and they do your whole PT one on one. Which is not how the other PT office did things way at the beginning of all of my problems. I really liked the office and the person. I am not planning on doing much PT (just walking Josephine :) ) but my OS had already told me I would need gait training. I wanted to make sure the person I had for PT was someone who was not too pushy and that I would feel like I could say "nope not doing that!". I am a people pleaser and so I know myself that if I got someone who was pushy I would feel the need to just do it and not complain.

I have an appt on January 6th to do my blood work and EKG. I am waiting until after the 1st of the year due to the change in our insurance.

After Christmas and New Years I will start getting my house ready and cooking food to put in the freezer. My MiL is flying to her daughters home on the 6th to stay there during my recovery and my mom is coming down about a week before my surgery so she can be here to help out. All in all things are falling into place. Just have to keep my fingers crossed that the change in insurance does not put a wrench into the plans. :fingersx::praying:

I hope all the rest of the January Jackpots are hanging in there. Almost there!! :)
 
so glad you're nearly there. Have read all your posts on recovery thread and know you will be just fine. Enjoy Christmas and new year and then the time will fly by.
 
@Tweetybrd- so good to hear from you! 30 days!!! Woo hoo. I understand the feeling "ok" . There's no denying the awful bone on bone pain. It's just brutal. Like I said I hope you can stay comfortable. I caved in the last 2 weeks before surgery and started taking Percocet to take the edge off. Prior to that I was taking 8 Aleve to get through the day. The good news is your painful days are numbered! The end is in sight!

I think you were very smart to meet with the PT since you will be spending a fair amount of time with gait training. I focused about 1/3 of my PT on gait training. But as Josephine always says walking is best and I found that to be the best thing for me to learn how to walk right again. Now I have ups and downs with it and if I get tired I start limping. Happened today and I had to stop and focus. I see it as a gradual retraining and I don't beat myself up for it. I figure if I limped for 4 years it will take a while to come back.

Sounds like you have a support plan in place for when you come home which is great.

I'm counting down with you and praying for you. Hope you're able to enjoy the holiday.

PS-I did my first babysitting last Friday with the grandson. He's just started walking so he's all over the place. Lots of bending and carrying and the new hip did great. The cherry on top was being able to rock little man to sleep and put him down in the crib without limping and pain. I was so happy I was almost in tears-happy tears.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jaymo Oh that almost made me cry! The thought of you so happy when you rocked your little guy to sleep. So great to read that you are able to watch him and bend and carry him. :)
I was explaining to my grandson a few weeks ago about my surgery and that I would be "part robot" and have a metal hip. He says covering his eyes "oh I don't want to see that!! " LOL He just cracks me up sometimes.

Thanks again for your encouragement and kind words. They do help so much. :SUNsmile:
 
just thought I'd check in and see how you're doing. Not long now - it's so exciting.
 
3 weeks from today is my surgery!!! :yikes:

This whole change of insurance is causing me more stress. We still have not gotten our new cards, so I can not let the OS office know and they can not do what they need to do for approval. Hopefully, we get them at the latest by Monday and I can get it to them. :fingersx::praying:

I go in one week to the hospital for all my pre-op testing. I have most of the things I need but not all. Will be working on that next week and then on freezer food the following.

My husband took me out to breakfast this morning and he commented as I was limping in to the restaurant, "your surgery is going to be here just in time". LOL I guess he things I am not walking so well.:shrug:
Overall, I am trying to stay positive but do have my moments of "is this really the right thing to do" as it is such a major surgery and I am doing "ok". :unsure:

Oh and my husband and I had a talk this morning about PT. He is in agreement with me that I don't really need it except if I am having gait issues. So I will be only walking and as Josephine says "even then not to excess. :) Wonderful to have people around you who are supportive of how you want to do your recovery.:walking:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the insurance issue gets sorted for you asap!! Not what you need is it so close to your surgery! You really are on your final countdown now so pleased for you and the difference it will make. Sounds like hubbie is looking ahead too.
 
We both are! Feels like the last couple of years we have both been in a holding pattern. :banghead: LOL
 
@Tweetybrd wishing you all the best. I have an appt with my OS on Jan 5th, I'm going to ask him about the SuperPath method. It's certainly sounds like one of the best options. I had a hip infection and now have to wait 2-3 months before getting my hip replacement to ensure I'm infection free. The infection destroyed the cartlidge, this bone on bone limping is awful. Well, again wishing you a speedy recovery!
 
@BMsea Thank you so much! Sounds like you have been through a lot. Im so sorry you got an infection and have to have a revision. Good luck with all of it. :console2:
 
Hi Tweetybird! I still don't know how to respond to your message in the feed (just at the end I guess?) I'm going in one week from today:scare:....I think I have everything ready and in place.... Hopefully I'm up and walking around by the time yours comes on the 20th and that I can tell you it's a piece of cake!!!! Best wishes to you and I'll keep watching for good news from you!:dancy:
 
@B HIP One more week!! Ekk!! I am sure everything will be fine. I will be sending out positive thoughts and wishes for you a successful surgery and recovery! I will be watching for your recovery thread and rooting for you. :)
Thanks so much for your well wishes. I really appreciate them!
I have finally gotten our new insurance stuff and got that to the OS's office today. Hopefully that is in enough time and the insurance gives them the green light.
I go on Friday for my blood work and EKG. My whole family has been sick. I can feel myself fighting a cold now. I have taken lots of vitamin c and drank lots of green tea today. Hopefully I can shake it off. I have warned everyone who doesn't live in my house that they are not allowed over if they are even a little bit sick until May! LOL
 
Tweetybrd thank god your insurance came. I hope your family gets well soon. Its almost your turn after a long wait, it will be all said and done soon. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Take care and have a blessed night.:hi::flwrysmile::prayer:
 
@Tweetybrd Hope all is going well. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing all January Jackpots
Have successful surgeries this month!
 
Just came to check in on your since I thought your time must be getting close. You have been so supportive to so many here. I am so excited that it is almost your turn!
 
Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers ladies! @OUCH! and @SwimGirl
I am hanging in there. Got our new insurance stuff, so hopefully that goes ok. I had my blood work and EKG and other testing done at the hospital today. Did all the pre admission paperwork. So far so good. Have my pre op at the OS next Friday and surgery on the 20th!! It became very real today. LOL

How are you two doing? How is the hip now that the knee is done Carol Anne?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom