Recent content by Bletch

  1. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    9 weeks post op and I was back in the pool yesterday swam 1600m in 32 mins felt really good. Couple of 20km workouts on the bikes also over the weekend all feeling great. No issues with work or driving, leg sometimes feels heavy but I guess that Is the muscles still recovering.
  2. Bletch

    THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

    Hey mate sounds like you are still doing really well I am pleased for you. Jealous of all the biking you are doing, weather too bad here to get out so mine is all static . Great to hear you are back at work, you soon forget that you have been away for 6 weeks! Keep up the good work
  3. Bletch

    THR Vet girl is a hippie !!!

    Hey Vetgirl how are you doing? Hope your recovery is going well. I thought I was very reserved not mentioning the rugby :) going to be a different story this weekend against the kiwis I fear! All the best
  4. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    bottomshollow inthebeginning Thanks all for your comments and support it really does help. Bought a turbo trainer for the bike at the weekend, not used in earnest yet as need a special tyre. Did find it difficult to get on the bike. First session back in the gym today on the bike for 30 mins...
  5. Bletch

    THR Day 1

    Hi Michelle so sorry to hear about your setback sounds such bad lunch for it to dislocate in your sleep. Wish you all the best in your recovery from today.
  6. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    inthebeginning 6 months:) Went really well OS very happy with progress, said I could get back on my bike :happydance: I had PT after the consultation and did five mins on a static bike......gym here I come! Walking much better now as I have corrected my bad habits.
  7. Bletch

    THR: just found out I need one!

    Hi paulcfc and welcome, this is a great site for all the info you will need. I am also a keen cyclist and looking forward to getting back in the saddle. looking at investing in a turbo trainer so I can do some miles in the comfort of my shed, before going back on the road and also avoiding the...
  8. Bletch

    THR Nov 11th and I'm a nervous wreck!

    laceysnannie welcome and good luck, you have come to the right place for info, I am 7 weeks post op and have found this site so valuable and supportive. I am not normally one for sharing on forums but it really does help. Stay calm and before you know it you will be on the other side telling us...
  9. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    Wow first week back to work and it has flown by, fantastic to be around so many great people. I have no issues sitting at a desk all day and walking around the campus. Monday is the big day for me next week seeing the OS for the first time since discharge from hospital 6.5 weeks ago.
  10. Bletch

    THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

    Nice new hip!
  11. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    I have been working from home for the last 3 weeks and back in the office yesterday, Its great to be around my team again and sitting at my desk for a couple of hours at a time is not an issue for me. I am taking breaks and doing my stretches which is creating a bit comedy!!!!! The...
  12. Bletch

    THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

    hey inthebeginning just read your posts you certainly sound like you are doing really well. I love the picture of all the muscles around the hip and down the leg, makes you realise why, after doing your PT exercises, you ache in these little places you didn't realise you had muscles in:) I...
  13. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    Hey Vetgirl All is rosy, 6 weeks post op and I am back to work, and allowed to drive, so nice to have that independence back. PT said my walking needs some work as I have to get out of the bad habits the old hip had caused, so I have some new stretching to do. I also made, what I think is...
  14. Bletch

    THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

    I am feeling good just had session #1 on my Neighbours cross trainer, 30 mins 10k, so good to get a sweat on and raise the heart rate a bit.
  15. Bletch

    THR Hit the Ground Runnin'

    Looks good, similar to some of my stretches although I am still limited by the 90 degree rule. Its great to have a schedule of exercises to follow isn't it? good progress.
Back
Top Bottom