THR Bletch is on the hipsie side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hip, hip, hooray! Sounds like you're moving through quite well! I can't say I'm pain free yet...standing for more than 5-10 min starts to hurt so I walk! Walking really makes it almost un-noticeable.

Glad to hear the great report, keep it up!
 
3 weeks post op and going well, dressing off, no pain meds for 3 days, walking without any crutches and the scar is looking good but cant get it wet yet, so no swimming for me:(

Not been on static bike or cross trainer yet but they are goals this week!

Walking 5-7KM a day and doing my PT exercises with the elastic band for a bit of resistance.

Been doing a fair bit of work from home as I am desk based, sitting for an hour at a time is ok.

Weather in the UK has been great over the weekend, really sunny and hot, which is unheard of for early Oct, waiting for the winter change.

The scar is really itchy but I suppose that just means its healing.

wishing everyone else a speedy recovery.
 
Bletch, great report! I still have some aches at 3 weeks, but just now starting PT today. Perhaps that will help get everything on track.
Keep up the great work!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I am feeling good just had session #1 on my Neighbours cross trainer, 30 mins 10k, so good to get a sweat on and raise the heart rate a bit.
 
Hey Vetgirl
All is rosy, 6 weeks post op and I am back to work, and allowed to drive, so nice to have that independence back.
PT said my walking needs some work as I have to get out of the bad habits the old hip had caused, so I have some new stretching to do. I also made, what I think is called, a wobble board that you stand on and it works all the muscles around your hip and strengthens your core......its hard work!!!!!
Scar looking great now have taken the advice on here to massage with bio oil, which is very therapeutic.
Still cant put my sock on or tie my shoelaces as have to abide to the 90 degree precautions.
Scheduled to see my surgeon next Monday for what I hope is the sign off, then can work on getting more movement back.
Swam for the first time yesterday, bit tentative but felt good. Looking forward to going back to the gym, but that will have to wait until I can put my own socks on:)
 
Wow! Back at work. How were the first few days? I think I know what you are talking about with the board. I am not sure my hip could take that yet. I would be afraid of tweaking it.
 
I have been working from home for the last 3 weeks and back in the office yesterday, Its great to be around my team again and sitting at my desk for a couple of hours at a time is not an issue for me. I am taking breaks and doing my stretches which is creating a bit comedy!!!!!
The rocker/wobble board is not one with the ball in the middle as that allows too much movement in all directions. I just screwed onto a square of MDF a couple of crescent shaped pieces to allow me to control movement side to side and back to front. Its really good but I do have to have a chair either side for those unbalanced moments.
 
Ahhh...I see. I thought it was the one with the ball in the middle. I thought...Wow! He is brave! There is no way I would want to try that...LOL!
 
Fantastic work Bletch!!!!

I can't even imagine going to work....I'm too tired.

So glad you are doing so well. Great to hear from you!!!!
 
Bletch! Awesome report. The whole work thing is tops on my list right now. I am completely stir crazy at home. Luckily, work usually has me sitting in a vehicle or at a desk for my 10 hour shift. I am able to get up and stretch/walk around for a few minutes as often as I like. We are headed into snow season here soon, so I will be needed soon!

I see my surgeon today for the 6 week check-up. Hopefully he will sign the return to work paperwork for me and lift the no bicycle restriction. Other than that, everything has been progressing well here.

You keep up the great work and keep us posted!
 
Wow first week back to work and it has flown by, fantastic to be around so many great people. I have no issues sitting at a desk all day and walking around the campus.

Monday is the big day for me next week seeing the OS for the first time since discharge from hospital 6.5 weeks ago.
 
inthebeginning 6 months:)

Went really well OS very happy with progress, said I could get back on my bike :happydance: I had PT after the consultation and did five mins on a static bike......gym here I come! Walking much better now as I have corrected my bad habits.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bletch is on the hipsie side
Keep up the good work. Enjoy your bike, but take it slow and easy---don't want you overdoing and living to regret it.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Great news! I really think the ear bone is connected to the hip bone ;-)

Such a weight seemed to lift when I walked out of the OS office last week. I think I'm walking taller, sitting straighter and I know I am sleeping longer since the visit!

Keep up the good work and don't over-enjoy the bike.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
bottomshollow inthebeginning Thanks all for your comments and support it really does help.
Bought a turbo trainer for the bike at the weekend, not used in earnest yet as need a special tyre. Did find it difficult to get on the bike.
First session back in the gym today on the bike for 30 mins was a great spin, but of muscular ache but nothing more than with the new exercises and stretches.

Can't believe I have put on 1/2 stone in 9 weeks due to reduced exercise and being well fed and maybe a couple of beers!

Really pleased with walking now when I catch a reflection of myself I no longer lean and stand up straight without having to think about it.

Biggest achievement this week can put my own socks on and tie my laces :) :)
 
9 weeks post op and I was back in the pool yesterday swam 1600m in 32 mins felt really good. Couple of 20km workouts on the bikes also over the weekend all feeling great.
No issues with work or driving, leg sometimes feels heavy but I guess that Is the muscles still recovering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom