Recent content by birdinger

  1. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    @zzevi Thanks, zzevi! I remember how much you had to deal with in your recovery. I agree with you re: PT. I think that I overdid it in PT and now I'm forced to back off to let my ankle heal. Hopefully it will! Enjoy your Holidays! @Ronsgirl I like your new profile picture. You're...
  2. birdinger

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    Great report and encouraging for those of us behind you. I am not a patient person either and have not always made the best decisions in my recovery, i.e. pushing it too much. Thanks for sharing. Working on patience and positive thoughts. :SUNsmile:
  3. birdinger

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Glad that you're home. Hopefully your swelling will abate soon. I'm sure your agenda includes lots of rest, ice, elevation and medication. Good luck!
  4. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    Thanks, @KarriB! You guys are the greatest. Nothing beats the support and experience that I've found on Bonesmart. I had forgotten that you were in the immobilizer. Re: the weight training :heehee:. Hope you're having a great weekend.
  5. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    Thanks @Josephine @Celle for your advice and wise counsel. I was worried that I may have a setback in my tkr recovery. I will be sure to rest my ankle and let it heal.
  6. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    When I last posted on November 23 I was experiencing ankle pain in my TKR leg which was believed to be tendinitis. I saw a foot & ankle specialist yesterday as the pain was not subsiding much after several weeks. An x-ray revealed a stress fracture in the lower fibula just above my ankle bone...
  7. birdinger

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    Nice summary, zzevi. I really admire your strength, courage and positive attitude considering all you've been through. Congratulations and a very Happy Birthday!:flwrysmile:
  8. birdinger

    TKR Martha's Journey One Day At A Time, Phase Two

    Good to read your update. Your recovery sounds similar to mine. I'm a week behind you as my TKR was 9/27. I recently started getting zingers/stinging in my knee and chalk that up to nerves waking up? Tendons and ligaments on top of knee also sore when stretched. The tight band feeling is...
  9. birdinger

    Knee Infection* The girl with the two fake knees

    Great report, Jen! Congratulations on your second new knee. Let the healing begin.:SUNsmile:
  10. birdinger

    TKR FlaGranny 2nd Knee 9/26/16

    Great update, FlaGranny. I especially like the last part about getting out of bed like you never had arthritis or knee replacements.
  11. birdinger

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    Good luck with the floor. That's brave of you to tackle such a big project! :thumb:
  12. birdinger

    20 long years...finally my turn!!

    Best to you tomorrow, Jen! You got this.
  13. birdinger

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    Happy Thanksgiving, Zzevi! Hope you had a great day and that your knee held up!
  14. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    @Josephine I learned my lesson the hard way and I should have known better anyway. There is no way I will go near a leg press or any other weight related contraption for a long time. Thanks for the input re: pain. Ruth
  15. birdinger

    TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

    @KarriB I agree that it was a little early for the leg press but since he was doing it for flexion and without much weight I thought it would be OK. I should have known better and not gone along with it. But...hindsight. I guess it will take time to heal. @newlybionic Thanks for the tip...
Back
Top Bottom