TKR The Long and Winding Road...To Recovery

I'm sorry to hear you have a fracture. You can't do much more than resting, to let it heal.
I don't think your knee will be adversely affected.
 
Thanks @Josephine @Celle for your advice and wise counsel. I was worried that I may have a setback in my tkr recovery. I will be sure to rest my ankle and let it heal.
 
As Celle and Jo said, don't worry about the knee. Rest the ankle for now. About 4 weeks after TKR surgery I was in an imbolizer brace for a month due to infection and another surgery. I didn't bend my TKR for a month! But when the the imbolizer came off (a few hours a day at first) my knee was stiff, but it bent. So you should have no problem at all even with a boot because you can bend your knee. Just look at wearing the boot as "weight training". :yes:
 
Thanks, @KarriB! You guys are the greatest. Nothing beats the support and experience that I've found on Bonesmart. I had forgotten that you were in the immobilizer. Re: the weight training :heehee:. Hope you're having a great weekend.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about your set back, but I agree with the others, let the ankle heel and pick up working if you feel the need later on, on your knee. I had to quit p/t abruptly and I can't say it really hurt anything, if anything I think I should have cut back or quit sooner and my knee may have done some if not all of it's healing on it's own. I think the 3x's a wk of p/t stretching and then doing some at home, was a big down fall for me. ( in the end I believe it will be a costly mistake, think some of my wound care clinic cost won't be fully covered by my insurance as I used out of a network provider.Thankful for the group of people that provide this care and it is worth every penny. But in my case I think a lot of it could have been prevented.)
 
What a bummer! But at least you found out what the problem is, and now you can do what you need to do to heal.
 
@zzevi Thanks, zzevi! I remember how much you had to deal with in your recovery. I agree with you re: PT. I think that I overdid it in PT and now I'm forced to back off to let my ankle heal. Hopefully it will! Enjoy your Holidays!

@Ronsgirl I like your new profile picture. You're right...at least I know what my problem is and hopefully with rest and the "boot" it will heal in time. Have a great Holiday season.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom