Recent content by beesknees

  1. B

    Day after Tomorrow--My Big Deal Day!

    All the best --take the advice on this board, surgery will be a distant memory soon. Friends are the greatest. (my gal pals are taking me to the beach for the weekend and promise to cater to my every (knee) need.)
  2. B

    How much walking can you do after surgery?

    i don't know where in the u.s. you are but. . .i came directly home after my rtkr (may 18) and the first thing i did was to smell my lilacs. The fresh air was so invigorating after being cooped up in the hospital for 3 days . I was walking w/o walker after the first week so i was able to go up...
  3. B

    Tapering medication

    I love heat. i use it at home before cpm and exercise. and sometimes when I go to sleep. aahhhhh!
  4. B

    TKR on Tuesday

    I guess i am suprised as much as many are --Today is day 14, got my staples out, had new xrays and all looked A o.k. PT on thurs and friday was challenging. I was able do do most exercises. I take 1 darvocet at night and 625 mg tylenol during the day. I'm walking w/o cane and feel pretty...
  5. B

    Tapering medication

    After reading these posts, I don't now if I have a high threshold for pain or a great surgeon. I gave up oxycodone 2 days after surgery and now only use 1 percoset at night and tylenol arthritis in the day. I am 58 and one week post surgery. I know I took a risk going cold turkey off the...
  6. B

    Stir Crazy

    It's only been a week out for me but I sympathize with your 'stir crazy" feeling. Luckily I was able to walk right away but I am trying to take it slow --and pace myself. I vary my schedule --cpm machine, walking circuit around the drive, reading, t.v. --phillies and french open, shower, etc...
  7. B

    TKR on Tuesday

    And --thank this board for all posts. I live alone --lots of friends helping and supporting. All info helped me prepare my home--shower, toilet, meds etc. thanks everyone.
  8. B

    TKR on Tuesday

    i take arthritis tylenol and then next week probably darvocet 1 hour before pt on wed. and friday. i am taking it slow --luckily baseball is on t.v.
  9. B

    TKR on Tuesday

    :wink: o.k. i had my rtkr on monday. i am a 58 yr old female, active, tennis player, who spent over a year trying all non invasive remedies. i chose an experienced doc, who went with otis custom fit, stryer triathalon knee. 8:15 apt. at pre-op. They put in the i.v., gave me spinal...
  10. B

    Two weeks from today.

    Don't let the anticipation get to you --focus on how much better your life will be 3 months from now. i had my rtkr on monday --the recovery isn't as bad as I expected. Distract yourself.
Back
Top Bottom