Recent content by beachlily

  1. beachlily

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    Congratulations Sarahbee! I’m so glad my hippie sister is joining me in getting on with life. Enjoy and be well:)
  2. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    Thanks !!! Had my post op appointment yesterday. Doing well. Need to scale back though-attempting to do too much ( no surprise). Can’t rush it. Walking without cane- slow but steady. Able to do yoga, walking dog, slow line dancing. I get tired easily and need to rest. I’m managing...
  3. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    Hi hipsters! Today is 4 weeks post op. I celebrated by going to yoga (modified somewhat) and breakfast. It’s great to feel like myself and not just a hip replacement:) Yay no more aspirin for blood clots-I swear blood thinning has made me feel cold all the time. Dr appointment next week ( I...
  4. beachlily

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    Sarahbee. Happy one month hippie versary:)
  5. beachlily

    THR Two weeks post-op

    Hi Photogirl! Congratulations on your new hip! I had posterior approach 3 weeks ago and they DO NOT cut muscles.... recovery is very individual no matter which approach your surgeon does. I’ve been extremely fortunate ( little pain-no opioids)and have had an easy recovery BUT I didn’t attempt...
  6. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    SE Florida. Thanks! Are you near Sarasota or further south?
  7. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    3 weeks ago I had my surgery. I have to say it’s been a much easier recovery than I thought it would be. I thank my outstanding surgeon and my fantastic physical therapists for getting me to this point. Granted a long way to go but very positive- Thanks also to my wonderful husband for...
  8. beachlily

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    Sarahbee! Happy 3 weeks hippie anniversary:)
  9. beachlily

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    Tramadol makes me very ill- to the point of going to the Emergency Room after vomiting 19 times:(. So now I’m just a Tylenol taker- thank goodness I’ve not had serious pain issues I’m glad you’re feeling well!!!
  10. beachlily

    THR Tired of being tired

    I’m 3 weeks out posterior and boy I have had those groin/thigh cramps too!!! I found mine occurred when I had overdone it- I’ve had a great recovery so sometimes I get over confident:; stretches helped as well as resting- ice!!!
  11. beachlily

    THR Sarah Bee (Re)Learns to Walk.

    I have stopped my Tramadol, am still taking meloxicam, aspirin and extra strength Tylenol. I'm debating only taking the Tylenol at bedtime or before PT. Thoughts? Sarahbee- I spoke with my OS today- he said definitely keep taking the aspirin 2x day- as for the Meloxicam and Tylenol it’s up...
  12. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    Well it’s 4 pm eastern standard time so in my world that’s TEA TIME. I shall pour a cup and put my feet up with my best friend Ice:). Since I’m 3 weeks post op I need to make follow up appointment but I hate the almost 2 hour drive into New York so...Today I spoke to OS - he said he needs to...
  13. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    Thanks Mojo333! I’m not looking to go back to the ODIC so resting enjoying this beautiful weather today:)
  14. beachlily

    THR beachlily'srecovery thread

    Beautiful day out today! Yesterday I was sitting in my recliner at the ODIC :) but a good night sleep rejuvenated me!So I did my 10 minutes on stationary bike- my bridges, leg balance, squats plank and modified pushups ( all within the 90 degrees). Feeling good. Now breakfast then shower. Ice...
  15. beachlily

    THR Kernsac's Left Hip Recovery

    Inspiring attitude:)
Back
Top Bottom