Recent content by bayfoxnw

  1. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Well here I am tired but tired from doing something. A much better way to be tired from. Went to my GP today and yes like the advise/suggestions I had gotten from this site I did get a better response to my needs from my GP. He will be taking over my medications.I start PT on wednesday. I go to...
  2. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Another day in the life. It is not that I cannot handle what is going on I just get tired of handling what my health providers get paid and should handle for me. I have done everything asked of me to rid myself of my pain. I could of taken the no surgery route, I didn't. I have had every surgery...
  3. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    My pain schedule doses had been 1-2, 5mg oxy every 4 hours. My surgeon changed my dose to 1- 5mg every 4-6 hours even though I told him I was still using 2 at night time and sometimes throughout the day depending on what my activity is,when my pain level is usually at the highest point. Now...
  4. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Jamie, You called it on the nose. I see my doctor tomorrow and that is exactly what I have been doing so he thinks I am doing right by my medications and in doing so I have not been doing right by my pain. This is what I like about this site, when someone gets blurry eye minded someone else puts...
  5. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Well here I lie in bed as I had the worse night I have had in weeks last night. That is what is so frustrating at times when I am healing. I feel I am making really good progress and then boom on my back for a day. My right side was on fire last night. My left side started sending shooting...
  6. bayfoxnw

    Bilateral THR 8 Weeks, Progress

    Five weeks when compared to the rest of your life is not much time at all. I believe if what you are doing is not moving you forward: less pain, more mobility then you need to rethink what you are doing, seek advise like you have, and go to plan B and see if your situation improves. Your pain...
  7. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Thanks Nannyannie. I do have my ice packs all ready and I use them. Thank you for the support!
  8. bayfoxnw

    PKR Need HELP with Long Term & Short Term Disabiity Pay

    So sorry they are doing that. I know things will get better. I know I am lucky as far as disability is concerned. hang in there it will get sorted out.
  9. bayfoxnw

    PKR Need HELP with Long Term & Short Term Disabiity Pay

    I am so sorry you are going through all this. I was very lucky that I worked for a great company that has excellent short term 6 months and they paid my health ins for 4 months and then long term ins kicked in as smooth as cream cheese. Like I said before I would be on the welfare if not for the...
  10. bayfoxnw

    THR Resurfacing

    I am so happy your were not badly hurt. Have you had your blood pressure taken while laying, sitting, standing? I would suggest that you do so and see if any of those positions cause a drop in blood pressure and if low or high report it to your doctor. Also and I know you probably know this hang...
  11. bayfoxnw

    date approaching really scared

    I hope you are laying flat down with pillows under your legs and a flat pillow under your head to keep the back flat and pressure off your hips. Ice your hips and lower back areas. Take your pain meds and if this does not bring your pain down make an appointment with your Gp to maybe increase...
  12. bayfoxnw

    TKR Confused and unsure........

    jeano, I was wondering the same thing: IT band, tendon,ligament. the snapping and feeling like it is going to let go. I had that in my left hip before surgery and it is gone now. That is what I love about this site is the fact someone always has been through what you are going through and that...
  13. bayfoxnw

    Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

    Millie, Sorry about the pain returning. I to am the sole bread winner as my hubby has/had cardiac issues at a young age. I was lucky I had personal insurance or we would be on the welfare at this point. I had short term disability through work which was for 4 months. I told my boss I will be...
  14. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    Thank you! If seems that my body wants to do just that. Try more one day and rest the other. I found myself walking a few feet without my walker this morning. It was an automatic thing. It was only a few feet but ,my body did it. Slept 8 hours again last night. Had a bit of trouble getting...
  15. bayfoxnw

    THR Bayfoxnw's Recovery Thread - Back Pain Was Hip Problem

    I do not know how to post on my own post without having to find a old post to add to.Where do I go to post on my own thread?
Back
Top Bottom