Recent content by Awriterafoot

  1. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    I can't believe you drove! Wow!
  2. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    Pretty amazing yo be on ibuprofen alone at two weeks! Are you in PT ?
  3. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    Checking in on you. Hope all is going well.
  4. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    Oh that shower! Yay! And so great that the PT caught the low oxygen. Not uncommon here at all. Im sure it will help healing.
  5. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    Day three already! Sending out big waves of healing energy.
  6. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    Hooray for such a routine report. I use meditation sometimes, and did do some visualization ahead of time. Mainly, I used breathing to calm myself down when I got anxious. So glad the meds are keeping pain under control.
  7. Awriterafoot

    TKR Darth Vader Knee on the way

    I've been thinking about you! By now you're on the other side, floating in a haze of happy meds!
  8. Awriterafoot

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    3 month anniversary on RTKR and 8 months on LTKR. Yesterday worked on ROM and paid the price today. It's not terrible, but a reminder that this takes awhile.
  9. Awriterafoot

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Sounds like you did great. But wow...9000 people is a lot.
  10. Awriterafoot

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    Lake Tahoe, @Maggie94. I'm kind of amazed how gorgeous it is. You're coming to the US in the near future, as I recall, right? So maybe you'll get the --ah-- pleasure of frisking then, too. :)
  11. Awriterafoot

    TKR Karen's Journey with ConforMIS iTotal January 20, 2015

    Karen, my mornings are pretty good, but sometimes nights are achy. I'm still taking Vicodin as needed since I can't have ibuprofen. Tylenol alone doesn't seem to address it. Still, most days I don't need it until night, or if I've done a lot during the day. @MotownGirl66, I'm betting the burns...
  12. Awriterafoot

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Back to work early! That's really great news. I bet it will feel fantastic. And that ROM is really impressive. Go, you.
  13. Awriterafoot

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    Back from my writing retreat, where I did some seriously long walks--19,200 steps one day!--and was fine. After such a long week of much activity and then flying again today, my knees were a little stiff and tired, but mostly great. I'm going to try a Zumba class later this week. Go easy, see...
  14. Awriterafoot

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    A couple of things to report, though I have been neglectful around here. I flew for the first time this weekend, and I was concerned that my knee would be irritated and swollen afterwards, but it's been absolutely fine. The first time around, they wouldn't let me fly for three months, this time...
  15. Awriterafoot

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Bravo on the bend and the rock climbing. Not my cup of tea (like your husband, I'm afraid of heights), though I live in one of the great centers for it in the world, but I've scrambled up the wall at the gym sometimes. Only when my trainer insisted I give it another try. :) The quad strength is...
Back
Top Bottom