Recent content by AussieMike

  1. AussieMike

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Well done Tashia. Keep pushing those boundaries. Just thought you and Poppet would like to see my new wheels... Yes I know its only been 2 years.
  2. AussieMike

    THR Tashia's Hip is in Recovery, WOW!

    Fantastic to read of your success Tashia!! It was a long journey for you but great that you are out there and enjoying life again. So pleased for you.
  3. AussieMike

    AussieMike needs advice...

    Thanks Jaycey and Josephine for your sage advise. Be assured I will do as you say. However I am concerned that there might be damage that needs intervention. If I sit in a chair or on the side of the bed to put on a sock I can't lift my leg more than 2" off the floor. Should I see someone...
  4. AussieMike

    AussieMike needs advice...

    Thanks Josephine for your advice. To give context, I have been in gyms all my adult life and for me this is very light. In any case, do you think I might have a partial dislocation at this time and if so, what options do I have?
  5. AussieMike

    AussieMike needs advice...

    Hi Josephine, Thanks for your advice. So first this was all performed on Life Fitness machines and not free weights. I used four machines: 1. Glute machine - Standing push backs - 3 sets of 10 reps - 40kgs (88lbs) 2. Seated Leg Press - 3 sets of 10 reps - 60kgs (132lbs) 3. Leg Extensions - 3...
  6. AussieMike

    AussieMike needs advice...

    Hi Poppet, Lovely to see you pop up. Yes golf from time to time. But a little less activity over the past couple of months after a bout of pneumonia. The only thing different has been some light resistance work at the gym. Leg press, leg extension and leg curls. I thought that might be...
  7. AussieMike

    AussieMike needs advice...

    Hi Bonesmart Angels, You might remember me. I was hanging out here towards the end of 2012 after having a total hip replacement. Last time I dropped by things were fine and I was happy to have a forgotten hip. However over the past two months, I am wondering if something has gone wrong or if I...
  8. AussieMike

    THR AussieMike returns

    Hi There BoneSmart Angels and all you hippies, I was thinking about you guys tonight, not entirely sure why, but I had to stop by and say hi. I have the fondest memories of my time here with you. Now for those of you who don't know me and my journey you might think that is a bit of an odd...
  9. AussieMike

    THR AussieMike returns

    Dear Hippies and Bonesmart Angels, It seems so long since I have visited back here. But I had to pop in on the 12 month anniversary of my hip replacement and say g'day. I am pleased to relate that on a day to day basis I find it hard to remember which hip had the replacement. They both...
  10. AussieMike

    THR Post-op. Now at home.

    Hi Aaron, Congratulations on all that you have achieved. I have often wondered how things have worked out for you. You are an amazing young man with great courage. I am so thrilled for you. Mike
  11. AussieMike

    THR When to golf again ..

    Most golfers are going to slowly feel their way back. Even if you are walking with no real discomfort, the ability to achieve a full range of movement through the hip flexor is months away for most people. Starting with short irons will help you to understand your limitations in the early days...
  12. AussieMike

    THR When to golf again ..

    I am pleased to relate that I had a golfing long weekend last week and played 45 holes of golf. At 6 weeks the specialist said go to the driving range and hit short irons only. At 10 weeks play golf. His concern was more about rotation than the 90 degree rule. My swing hasn't changed much at...
  13. AussieMike

    THR Healthy hip 12 returns

    Hi Catherine, Wonderful to see how you have met your challenges. This is the true measure of character. We can all look good when things go as planned. Its what we do when faced with adversity that really counts. Congratulations!! Mike
  14. AussieMike

    THR AussieMike returns

    Hi Tashia, Fear not. I live 10 mins from the centre of Sydney a long way from the fire danger. Kind regards Mike
  15. AussieMike

    THR what is wrong with my progress?

    Dear thanson, Welcome to Bonesmart. You have just joined the most wonderful forum of supportive, knowledgeable people who will assist you with your journey. You words remind me of my own thinking when starting out on my journey. I very quickly discovered that my body did not share my...
Back
Top Bottom