Recent content by aunt B

  1. aunt B

    TKR Bionic knee #2 done 1-21-15

    My family doc who is also a close friend told me to take a stool softener (I use Dulcolax) with the first 3 pain pills of the day and use glycerin suppositories. I already take up to 1200 mg of magnesium a day for restless legs. These things combined really help me, as I don't generally...
  2. aunt B

    TKR Knee #3 is in with 3 good surprises

    Ps, looking forward today updating my photo after my 6 week check up.
  3. aunt B

    TKR Knee #3 is in with 3 good surprises

    Day 12 post op, and all is relatively well I guess. Three surprises from this time around? #1, the hospital no longer made me beg for pain meds. Last time (revision ) was pretty rough and after the first day, every time I asked for something they asked if I thought I could get by with a...
  4. aunt B

    2015 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    RTKR on Jan 13. Not my first rodeo (original TKR in '08, had that revised 7/13). Still, anxiety is rising, and working my pre-op to do list... filling freezer, putting Christmas away, etc. When I'm in pain I cant wait. When I'm not - well, why am I doing this again??? Oh yeah, I remember...
  5. aunt B

    Restless Legs and hot knee

    Hi Shawn. I'm just over 6 months post op and have had a "hot knee" too. My OS told me before the surgery that the elevated temp of the new knee is a normal side effect- the body has to adjust to a forign object. I could feel it "glowing" through my jeans. Mine (I have the Zimmer too) is...
  6. aunt B

    Sleeping problems

    Doug, aint it the truth? Here is what my doc had me do: The first supliment is called MG-TAURINE FORTE and is made by a company called Miller. (It contains selenium, cromium and some other good stuff in addition to magnesium.) I took 2 capsules every morning and 2 at bed time. I did...
  7. aunt B

    Sleeping problems

    We also had issues with restless legs when sleeping. The recommendations there were to get up and walk around a bit or to use a heating pad on your lower back. Good luck! It's a long road, but a worthwhile journey. God bless, Skeet Hi Skeet. I've had the restless leg thing since I...
  8. aunt B

    Dicolfenac Sodium-3%

    Ok,so this Soleraze... does it help with that deep bone ache? I'm almost 4 mos post op and doing well, but sometimes... Jimminey Crickets it aches!
  9. aunt B

    Horses after replacement?

    You betcha - that grin is pure joy! Beau is about 15.1hh - he's half Arabian half quarter horse, 13 years old. I owned his mama and raised him from a pup. We both look better now as I'm able to ride 3-4 days a week. He's getting muscled up and giving to the bit and I think my form is getting...
  10. aunt B

    Horses after replacement?

    Hi Shefilly48. No, I've not been to the Barbaro site. And, I'm not going to be much help with hip replacement questions either since I had a TKR. The best advice I can give is to first (if you haven't already) consult with your PT for exercises to strengthen the muscles you'll use and ask...
  11. aunt B

    What were your private milestones

    Milestones... Ah, I remember when! Off the walker at 10 days post op "Rolled" over in bed at 2 weeks Driving at 3 weeks (off narcotics at 2 1/2 weeks) 90 degree bend without pain - 3 weeks Off the cane by 4 weeks Sex - 4 weeks really good night's sleep -4 weeks Grocery shopping without...
  12. aunt B

    which prosthesis is best?

    I am 10 weeks post op with a Zimmer Gender Specific - my OS says it's their brand new one and should last 25 years vs. 10 - 15 years... I'm just 50, so I'm counting on this knee lasting till I'm 75! The plastic is supposed to wear better. Guinnea pig? Maybe, but so far I've had better results...
  13. aunt B

    oh, my aching knee...... and hip?

    Hi Beachcomber, I have had that pain since the day after discharge from the hospital, and I"ll be 6 weeks post op on Monday. It DOES get better - mine comes and goes now. It bothers me most when I overuse the new knee. My OS said that the ligaments etc get all pushed out of place by the...
  14. aunt B

    Horses after replacement?

    Kirtana, Good for you! That first drive is a milestone for sure. Your horses sound wonderful and gray is my favorite color too! Beau is half arabian, he doesn't have that refined sculpted head, but you can see the arab in him - a slight dish, beautiful eyes and such cute ears... to me he's...
  15. aunt B

    Horses after replacement?

    Hi Kirtana, Beau is a bay, a carbon copy of his mama (we almost named him xerox!). How about your ponies? I'm amazed that you live so far away from your horses. I hope you can drive soon and that the weather cooperates with you. I'm about a mile and a half from my boy by car, and we only...
Back
Top Bottom