Recent content by Apricot

  1. Apricot

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Wonderful. You can be a poster girl for all of us.:catbutterfly:
  2. Apricot

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Well we can all just test the limits and learn what not to do. I don't think standing at parties or standing in the kitchen cooking for say 4 hours or so are good for things generally. Still much better than before but lots more work to do on muscles... New Year's resolutions.... HAPPY...
  3. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:wreath: Try not to stand for too many hours ie in the kitchen or at 'parties'. Find that difficult at the moment :heehee:
  4. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Well done with all that. Sounds the stuff of SuperBicky.
  5. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    DR G is fairly sensible and pleasant and very direct. Cherish them while we can. Hard to know how much longer they can continue without recruiting some more GPs. Seems the Walk-In clinic is proving very stressful for the lone GP who runs it when the 'others eg nurses' finish their shift at...
  6. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Its worth checking out the platforms arriving and departing on either Northern's website or thetrainline then you can see whether you will have to do the double set of steps to get to the exit barriers. A lot of trains seem to be on platform 6 rather than 1 or 2.
  7. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Beware of Manchester. All the lifts are closed for refurbishment. All sounds very good. Leeds and the trains to and from can be a nightmare at the wrong time of day.
  8. Apricot

    Revision TKR Jo's revision arthroplasty

    Good to hear you're doing well. Long may that continue. Definitely a new computer very soon. Hope that's speedy and enjoyable.:flwrysmile:
  9. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Here's a few things to look into @bickypeg A sample of HB WI here https://hebdenbridgewi.com/blog/ Calder Valley Voices singing for fun https://www.hebdenbridge.co.uk/news/2019/175.html https://www.caldervalleyvoices.org.uk https://www.facebook.com/CVWSingers/ Secret Singers in Todmorden I...
  10. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Its a while since I've done the Hardcastle walks. The last time I found the up and downs of the streamside paths too much for the knee. You are doing loads more than I am on. No excuses. But I am regularly walking in the pool and trying to get the weaker muscles to build up. Not always easy to...
  11. Apricot

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    You could also try a thin smear of silicon gel on your scar before swimming. It should stop the chlorinated water contact. Or a mermaid tail costume. Now that would be fun.:swim:
  12. Apricot

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Take it easy mermaid.
  13. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    Just a thought you might fancy something like a Taichi class. There are a few around.
  14. Apricot

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    I'm all in favour of a DRY RUN. :heehee: Must admit I haven't dared to try a bath yet.... Yes she has helped with knees. That's what I origianlly consulted her about some years ago. She has kept me going when it has been dire. Has taught me how to tape one of them myself.
  15. Apricot

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Maybe avoid the steam room or sauna for a while. I remember cautions given about hot food and hot drinks. Also there's a magic nose blowing technique which I have forgotten to avoid stress inside the nose. Dry inside Sterimar sea water to irrigate nose. Hope it all settles soon.
Back
Top Bottom