Lounge Doctor

Revision TKR Jo's revision arthroplasty

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Well, Jo, I couldn’t not do my job, even though I’m sure you have the recovery guidelines memorized! :flwrysmile:

sistersinhim

Country
Well, Jo, I couldn’t not do my job, even though I’m sure you have the recovery guidelines memorized
Jo probably created them!

Jo, it great to have you back with us. Too bad it's as a patient isn't of our head lady! It sounds like you've had a rough time of it. Thoses long stems sound so painful. I never thought about them affecting your ankle. I guess the whole body is all connected. Yay for your blood tests being normal!

Pumpkln

Country
Jo,
Glad you are feeling well enough to post an update.
Like Roy, I know about those stems. Was a achy for awhile, they are no longer noticeable, except on x-rays.
Continued healing!

Jamie

ADMINISTRATOR
Senior Administrator
Country
Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, Jo. This may be one of those "slow, but steady" recoveries that we write about so much. Take good care of yourself.

Larryhg3

senior
Country
Welcome back Josephine. You have been missed. Glad you are beginning to feel a bit better. It’s a long road as you know. We will hold you up for a little bit. Prayers and love

Macknit

graduate
Country
I'm so pleased to see you are moving forward on this upward trajectory!!! Great to hear you are at the 8 week point (I'm weathering my first one, at 8 weeks also!)

Thanks for all the work you've done over the years, what a wonderful boost to those of us who are just having our first TKR!!

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Glad to hear from you, Jo.
It sounds as if this TKR is going to take its own , sweet time, so try to relax and let it do just that.
We've missed you a lot, but don't let that make you rush back before you feel truly ready,.

Best wishes! :friends: :flwrysmile:

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great to see your update Jo! Sorry this recovery has been a rough road but sounds like things are heading in the right direction now. Take care!

marieltha

graduate
Country
It is very good to hear from you, Josephine. Your unique input has been missed.

It’s a good thing, despite your pain, you were able to feed your Nurse Cats. They will get you through!

I hope you continue your successful recovery path.

maryo52

big-cheese
Country
Thinking of you. Best wishes for improvement!

LindaO

senior
Country
Wow, what a journey you have had! So glad you are moving forward and getting better! Thinking of you and thank you for letting us know how you are doing! :angel:

eaglemom

senior
Country
So glad that you've report in. Oh yes, the tail of long stems. Been there and recovering from them now. The best advice I could give you - like you need me to tell you anything - is to be very cautious about overdoing it. Once you've overdone, it seems to take awhile to get things back under control.

Happy healing and report in on how your doing.

Apricot

senior
Country
Good to hear you're doing well. Long may that continue.
Definitely a new computer very soon. Hope that's speedy and enjoyable.:flwrysmile:

Lindylee

post-grad
Country
It all sounds pretty horrendous, but glad to hear you're over the worst now. Take it easy and look after yourself. You've done so much for others, time now for you to take care of you. Wishing you no more complications and a straightforward recovery from now on.

lovetocookandsew

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
So glad to hear from you, Jo! I know firsthand about those looooooooong stems-and know all too well the pain they can cause. I'm sending best wishes for a great recovery your way, and hope to see you soon. Take as much time as you need-we miss you, but want to see you recovered fully and full of your normal vim and vigor before you return.

Motherbone

senior
Country
Glad to hear from you, take good care and we are all thinking of you!

sharonslp

big-cheese
Country
Jo, I know nothing about knee implants (and I really hope I never need to), but you do, so I assume there is a good reason for yours to be so long, and once you are recovered it will be a good thing. About that recovery...hop to it. In short baby hops of course, carefully paced out, but moving forward nonetheless. It is so good to see you back here.

Gel-girl

Country
My Goodness they are long! Saw the guidelines you got - fair made me chuckle chuck. Safe recovery Jo, don’t do too much- no dancing now!:egypdance:

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hi Jo! :wave: I sign on as advisor and you leave! Was it my breath? :dubious:
Seriously, though. You've been through a lot and it's so good to hear that you will take the time needed to heal, rest and to get back up to snuff. It's a matter of practicing what you've preached, right?
You are sorely missed.. it was so nice to sign on and see the new post from you.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Coach Mike
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom