Recent content by allahere

  1. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    @frieds - I'm truly glad to hear that people can walk again :) I was at the beach recently and freaked out when I've kind of badly cut my right foot (on my operated leg). I've put antibiotic ointment and a bandaid. The wound healed quickly, and I hope it's all fine. Do you Frieds intend to...
  2. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    I didn't post here for awhile: was busy with work, family etc. But I just wanted to state here that my LLD is settled, at about 3 months post op: all of a sudden, one day it was just easy to walk, I don't limp, it doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, I just walk as normal as I wish, I can't...
  3. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    I didn't have TEDS. They pulled on those teds preparing me BEFORE the surgery but I’ve never seen them after the surgery. I was trying to be as independent as possible - sock grabbers (I used them for taking my cotton pants on), grabbers (for anything that you drop, and in post op I became so...
  4. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    @Zebra - don't worry about following precautions: the body is pretty much telling you, especially right after the surgery, what is possible and what is not. You will NOT be able to roll over in the first weeks no matter how much you'd want :) At HSS they teach you to always keep the pillow...
  5. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    I didn't have LLD before my OA started and I developed a crooked posture to avoid putting weight or any pressure on my right hip. Even though I knew that I've lost the cartilage on my right side, strangely my right leg started to feel longer, that is how my pelvis got angled... Nobody ever...
  6. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    @Zebra - those are valid thoughts. Pain is the main factor for many THR candidates but also how much do we compromise and miss in life due to our hip (or whatever) problems. It took me 5 yrs to decide to do the surgery. Over those years, I was changing a lot in my life - first no dance classes...
  7. A

    New here, hip surgery on July 10, and losing my job at the same time

    I saw that your surgery was July 10. Hope you are doing well, @GabsJL, thinking of you... Health first, and then you "ll sort all things out. Big hug. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. A

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    Wow, what a progress. Am so happy for you busylizzie. Wow. You r finally getting out of it. Big thanks for making reports here: I'm sure loads of people read and learned from them but many, like me, didn't know what to say except to try to cheer u up a little bit. I knew somehow that you will...
  9. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    @Zebra - thanks for checking in with me... It's getting better with every day, slower than I would like... I can walk without a cane but I can only "pretend" that I'm not limping. When I go outside, I use the cane and b/c my walk is still rather uneven, the more I do it, my back is getting...
  10. A

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    Best wishes, Bill, for your great recovery. Finally :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. A

    New to the forum, 1st THR scheduled for July

    @chaosong - I happen to see that you are having a surgery today. I know it's very scary but I totally know that it'll be ok. And then - with every day you'll feel better. I sincerely wish you a smooth surgery and a fast recovery. I'll keep you in my thoughts today (I remember how scary it was)...
  12. A

    Stem cell therapy?

    @Josephine - I've got my RTHR a few weeks ago and right before this surgery I started to feel the slight tension in my other hip. Not the pain, not even a burning feeling, only a subtle tension. Exactly in the joint and exactly the same feeling as it was with my now operated hip 5 years ago...
  13. A

    THR one year later ...

    @Peaches - sorry if I am asking what you've answered already somewhere but I didn't find... Who is your OS? You did your THR at HSS, right?
  14. A

    THR Allahere_recovery

    @Zebra - glad the info will be helpful... I totally share your worry about the possible LLD, but as far as I understand now, the OSs see it as a "mechanical problem" that is hard to foresee and to correct. Dr B and his RN said to me that they simply measure our bones on Xray and make the lengths...
  15. A

    Revision TKR Would like advice please, I think knee has moved

    I'm so glad to see your progress busylizzie. Please keep posting - it's truly inspirational, for me who has much much fewer problems, thanks god, but still struggling in recovery. Thinking of you often :) and hope that this collective mental energy that people send your way will help you recover...
Back
Top Bottom