Recent content by Alitm

  1. Alitm

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    @NanaKP Hi Kim! I came on to the forum to get the suggested activity info for a friend here who just had her first of two hip replacements. She completely over did it within her first two weeks post op and ended up going to the hospital by ambulance last night:flabber:. She is OK, but a...
  2. Alitm

    Hello and Seasons Greetings to all preparing for or recovering from THR.

    I haven't been on for a long time, but I think of you all often, and all the folks who are preparing for or recovering from THR. I hope to write a catch up post soon, but in the meantime, all is well and life is good with two new hips! I wish all those facing surgery and in early recovery the...
  3. Alitm

    THR Heal first, then exercise, then dance!

    Hi @An54 You have been on my mind and I keep meaning to get back to the forum and check in on everyone. My hubby is in Bda with his Mum for four weeks. His sister that lives here had her hip replaced (via anterior approach in Penticton) in March so couldn't split the shift with him. He is away...
  4. Alitm

    THR The sequel of Sequin 1998<

    @sequin98 my pelvis rotated so I walked like a duck before surgery. I couldn't bring it back underneath and it wreaked havoc on my back. After I had my second hip surgery in Nov (first in Sept), I could stand up straight again. It was amazing, but my hip flexors were so sore where they joined...
  5. Alitm

    THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

    @Cassidy I took have returned to yoga...I'm doing somatic restorative yoga on a floor mat. It is very gentle. Good luck to you whatever you decide!
  6. Alitm

    THR Shiner's recovery thread

    @Shiner I had my hips replaced nine weeks apart. We knew that would be the deal as both hips were in bad shape. Even with a new right hip, once I was four weeks out on my second hip, the left one, my first hip started to be a bit sore. I think it was because the first hip was still healing...
  7. Alitm

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    @SurreyGirl I say join and do the things you enjoy. If you get two to three times a week out of it doing something you are finding fun and soical, as well as admiring the view, and most of all getting fitter, why not! I have found the exercises, and walking and hiking (just can't seem to get to...
  8. Alitm

    THR Bickypeg's new hip

    @bickypeg I missed your birthday....Happy Belated! Sounds as if you are doing incredibly well at seven weeks!! I took the Tylenol until four months second hip...just realized one day I didn't need it. I think now that you have had your second hip done, you will find that things will get better...
  9. Alitm

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    @Barbaraj It has been so great chatting with you, exchanging notes and I wish you a fabulous summer ahead. Good luck with your second hip, and you'll know when the time is right, or not! Thank you for all your positive support. It has been so helpful and meant a lot to me and many others I'm...
  10. Alitm

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    Hi @Jaycey! Thank you for your kind messages while I was away from the forum. Yes the goal is to get back to riding, so slowly but surely I'm making my way there, with the help of my physio. My biggest issue is getting the second hip stronger so the first hip can be let off the hook a bit...
  11. Alitm

    THR Are We There Yet?

    Hi @Barbaraj Thank you for your kind messages while I was off the forum. Really appreciated them although I didn't respond at the time. I've read some of your recent posts and it sounds like you are winning with the PT. My PT said to not necessarily to do the PT every day, as he knows I'm...
  12. Alitm

    THR Celebrating one at a time, encore!

    @Mojo333 and @Layla Thank you both for your very kind sentiments over the last little while :flwrysmile: I hope that spring is also coming soon to you @Layla! Pardon my geographical ignorance, but have you been super close to the horrific flooding? I've been thinking of you on that. Your...
  13. Alitm

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    @SurreyGirl Home fried chicken and lemon tarts sound delicious! Squishy couches aren't the best anymore are they? My hubby bought all new, really firm inserts for our couches, and they are so nice. He also installed new legs on the couches, as they were the low squishy kind and now are built...
  14. Alitm

    THR Hitch & Get Along<

    Hi @NanaKP, Just wanted to pop by and say you are not alone in the pokey first hip department! I have finally realized how much my first hip had to deal with after having second surgery nine weeks later. As I grow stronger with my physio and each side gets stronger (I'm doing the same...
  15. Alitm

    THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

    Hi @SurreyGirl! Thank you for your kind messages. I was reading through your posts and see about the seat belt rubbing your scar. There is a fleece manufacturer here in my town and they make fleece seat belt covers! If you don't have any luck in access that, I'll go and get you what you...
Back
Top Bottom