BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. Announcing BoneSmart's NEW Joint Surgeon Locator tool

We are pleased to now offer a tool to help you find just the right surgeon for your needs. If your surgeon is not listed, please let us know and we'll get them added.

Read more about this in this announcement:

Dismiss Notice

[THR] Shiner's recovery thread

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by Shiner, Jan 29, 2019.

1. REM

REM member

United States United States
    @Shiner

I started out with groin pain on one side and before i could get that hip replacement the other side started to hurt. I had both my hips done exactly one month apart. Currently at 13 & 14 most post op. Mostly pain free other than some mid thigh pain and a limp that started a month ago. But as mojo brought up I've been working extra hours and walking alot more than normal. Just need to get back to icing. All but stopped it. Time to start back. Rest more. I had knee pain too but once my hips were back in line it slowly went away. Wishing the same for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Shiner

Shiner new member

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Iam going to see my surgeon a week today for a routine check up of operated hip. he said he will look
    at my other hip. originally he told me that it did show signs of arthritis but nothing to worry about at that stage.

thank you for your help and advice

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Alitm

Alitm post-grad

Canada Canada
    @Shiner I had my hips replaced nine weeks apart. We knew that would be the deal as both hips were in bad shape. Even with a new right hip, once I was four weeks out on my second hip, the left one, my first hip started to be a bit sore. I think it was because the first hip was still healing and had then had to take up the slack for the left hip that was just out of the OR. I walked for the first six weeks only, and then started physio slowly but surely. Once I started physio on both hips, my gait improved a lot. As my second hip became stronger, my first hip complained less and less. I'm at six months post op on my second hip, and things are much more balanced out and the hips feel pretty darn good! I am so glad I had them done. Good luck to you and with your decision.