THR Shiner's recovery thread

@Shiner

I started out with groin pain on one side and before i could get that hip replacement the other side started to hurt. I had both my hips done exactly one month apart. Currently at 13 & 14 most post op. Mostly pain free other than some mid thigh pain and a limp that started a month ago. But as mojo brought up I've been working extra hours and walking alot more than normal. Just need to get back to icing. All but stopped it. Time to start back. Rest more. I had knee pain too but once my hips were back in line it slowly went away. Wishing the same for you.
 
Hi
Iam going to see my surgeon a week today for a routine check up of operated hip. he said he will look
at my other hip. originally he told me that it did show signs of arthritis but nothing to worry about at that stage.

thank you for your help and advice
 
@Shiner I had my hips replaced nine weeks apart. We knew that would be the deal as both hips were in bad shape. Even with a new right hip, once I was four weeks out on my second hip, the left one, my first hip started to be a bit sore. I think it was because the first hip was still healing and had then had to take up the slack for the left hip that was just out of the OR. I walked for the first six weeks only, and then started physio slowly but surely. Once I started physio on both hips, my gait improved a lot. As my second hip became stronger, my first hip complained less and less. I'm at six months post op on my second hip, and things are much more balanced out and the hips feel pretty darn good! I am so glad I had them done. Good luck to you and with your decision.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom